Question

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 1 of 4 (30,522 Views)

Windows 8 Driver Information for LaserJet, ScanJet, and other supported printers.

[ Edited ]

To help customers successfully use their products with Windows 8, HP has identified recommended drivers per product. Please visit the following support documents for more information:

HP LaserJet – Printers, MFPs, and All-in-Ones supported in Windows  8

HP Scanjet – Scanners supported in Windows 8

For HP Business Inkjet, Designjet, Deskjet, Officejet, Photosmart, PSC, or another supported product, go to Supported Printers for Windows 8.

HP understands that Microsoft has released a Windows 8 Release Preview version. HP is not currently supporting
any Windows Release Preview operating system versions. If you have any questions about the Windows 8 Release Preview,
please refer to the Microsoft’s web site at
http://www.microsoft.com/.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Honor Student
mikemalins
Message 2 of 4 (29,980 Views)

Re: Windows 8 Driver Information for LaserJet, ScanJet, and other supported printers.

Thanks for your help but still seaching. I have a inkjet printer and only need to know if i can use my Officejet 6700 which is a new model or do i have to downgrade my operating system to Windows 7.

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 3 of 4 (29,970 Views)

Re: Windows 8 Driver Information for LaserJet, ScanJet, and other supported printers.

mikemalins,

The officejt 6700 information would be listed on this page .Please bookmark it for up to date information.

For HP Business Inkjet, Designjet, Deskjet, Officejet, Photosmart, PSC, or another supported product, go to Supported Printers for Windows 8.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 4 (29,967 Views)

mikemalins,

To add - currently you may use your product on Windows 8 but a Full Feature Software Solution is not yet available

For USB connetion you may print and scan via Windowws Fax and Scan by adding the device from Devices and Printers.

For network connection you may print by adding the device from Devices and Printers.

If you have the RTM version you may also scan through the network by using the HP Scan and Capture app:

http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/en-us/app/hp-scan-and-capture/94fffdd0-bb3b-4adc-96ca-24c1d79e16c6

As mentioned by the document above, the full software solution expected to become available prior the public OS release (Oct 26th)

Regards.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation