Question

Honor Student
Kelvin_H
Message 1 of 4 (913 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 8 and Possible Windows 7 64-bit Disk? laptop

Well unfortunately i downloaded windows 8 and not knowing that i completely installed itself over my previous OS.(Win7 Home Premium) I lost the disk i got with my laptop so i cant re-install windows 7 and seeing how i thought it was unfair for me to spend another 100euro or so on it i was wondering if i could possibly get another windows 7 disk sent to me. I think it would be best if a staff member of hp itself would reply to my question. 

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (910 Views)

Re: Windows 8 and Possible Windows 7 64-bit Disk? laptop

[ Edited ]

Hi:

No one working for HP will respond to your request on this forum in an official capacity.

You can purchase a recovery disk for your PC's by reading the info at the link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00810334&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&sw_lang=&product=40...

Alternatively, I have a solution that is better than nothing if you don't want to order recovery disks.

Download the ISO file of the version of Windows 7 that is on the Microsoft COA sticker on the bottom of your PC. It must also be the version in the language that your PC original operating system came with.

For example, if your sticker is windows 7 home premium and the language was Danish, select the 32 or 64 bit download of the windows 7 home premium - Danish file.

Burn the file to a DVD using a program that can burn ISO files in order that you can boot from the DVD.

Install Windows 7. Then use the 25 character product key on the microsoft COA sticker on the bottom of your PC to activate the installation.

Then go the the HP support and driver page for your notebook and install any drivers you need.

Link to the W7 downloads is below.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/

Paul

Honor Student
Kelvin_H
Message 3 of 4 (894 Views)

Thank you Paul for your help :smileyhappy:
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (887 Views)

You're very welcome.  :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation