Question

Student
RajChinna
Message 1 of 6 (3,973 Views)

Windows 8 clean installation hardisk formatting.

Hi,

I have HP Pavilion DV6 7039tx with Windows 7 (64-bit) Home premium running. I just got the offer of windowsupgarde and downloaded Windows 8 Pro today. Before installing the windows 8 I just gone through HP support website and got the HP Guidelines document for installing Windows 8. In that document they have given 2 type of installation methods 1. In-Place upgrade and 2. Clean install. 

I would like to go for clean installation, where they mentioned to get all the features of Windows 8 I need to delete all the partitions and re-format the entire Hard disk, so here my question is Should I delete the recovery partition as well ?? Will there be any issues if I delete Recovery partition from my Laptop. 

Note : I have already taken recovery discs (5) from through HP support assitance. :smileyhappy:

Student
gianfranco35
Message 2 of 6 (3,842 Views)

Re: Windows 8 and Windows XP

In windows 7 I have Windows XP mode: you can store it in Windows 8?

Top Student
Baeseke
Message 3 of 6 (3,370 Views)

I never toutch the recovery part when i do a clean install.

Just make sure befor you start the format you uninstall things like hp protecttools. Normally it shouldn't be a problem but I had some problems with it.

Tutor
BrianMitchell
Message 4 of 6 (3,078 Views)

After installing Windows 8 on your system and upgrading, you must be wondering about the next step.

Student
sibu
Message 5 of 6 (2,167 Views)

Re: Windows 8 clean installation hardisk formatting.

sir, i want to formatting my laptop so what is the procedure should follow???

my system has already install windows 8 at the time of buying.

Note : I have already taken recovery discs (6) from through HP support assitance. 

Master's Graduate
finder070
Message 6 of 6 (2,156 Views)

Re: Windows 8 clean installation hardisk formatting.

HI

you can make clean install without touching your recovery partition.. you can use it if you thinking to go back to pervious versoin..

delete all partition without toching recovery and make clean install of your OS again..

Hope it helps

**Clicking on the Kudos! white star is a nice way to say thank you on any post that helped you or resolved the problem.**
**Selecting "Accept as Solution" for a reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching the web for an answer**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation