Question

Tutor
keifeelsgood
Message 11 of 37 (7,643 Views)

Re: hp simple pass identity protection not working with windows 8.

@Daminsky sp55910 is for 32bit Windows 7/8. It will not work properly with 64bit Windows. You need sp55909 for 64bit Windows. Daniel_Potyrala gave the link to the 64bit version in this thread below.
be-well
Top Student
BYBOBB
Message 12 of 37 (7,607 Views)

I followed Daniel_Potyrala advice. After completion, Simple Pass would not recognize or connect to the simple pass reader hardware. Any further suggestions would be welcome.

Student
INSII
Message 13 of 37 (7,339 Views)

Job well done, it worked,thanks

Teacher
Chaand
Message 14 of 37 (6,563 Views)

BYBOBB wrote:

I followed Daniel_Potyrala advice. After completion, Simple Pass would not recognize or connect to the simple pass reader hardware. Any further suggestions would be welcome.

Do the following please.

1. uninstall whatever drivers you've got for the simplepass.
  2. Go to the HP website and download the driver that goes with your laptop

don't download any version you come across, use the one that it is available on the website for your laptop.

3. run it, to let it extract.
  4. close it when it starts to install the driver and you get the windows telling you
  5. go to your c: / drive, SwSetup folder, then drivers folder, simple pass ... right click on the setup.exe and go to the compatibility tab, chose windows 7 ...
  6. if it didn't work, then run it through troubleshooting which is in the compatibility tab.

I got this from another topic ... and the same goes for the switchable graphics ... same method

Honor Student
George26
Message 15 of 37 (6,207 Views)

I had trouble at first.  With windows 8, on my DV6-3084ca, I have HP simplepass 5.20.233 installed.  It does not work to log onto Windows, but it works using internet explorer.  I have to do a clean install, and see how it works.  I just did an update to Windows 8.  Hopefully with a clean install, it might work better.

HP stops supporting comuters that are a year or older, which I think is wrong.

Teacher
Chaand
Message 16 of 37 (6,206 Views)

George26 wrote:

I had trouble at first.  With windows 8, on my DV6-3084ca, I have HP simplepass 5.20.233 installed.  It does not work to log onto Windows, but it works using internet explorer.  I have to do a clean install, and see how it works.  I just did an update to Windows 8.  Hopefully with a clean install, it might work better.

HP stops supporting comuters that are a year or older, which I think is wrong.

clean install or not, it won't change a thing.

the simplepass won't work unless you have it on windows 7 compatibility mode, and it will work just fine

I had this issue before, and I handled it the same way I did with the switchable graphics

Teacher
Chaand
Message 17 of 37 (6,202 Views)

if you have a problem with the steps lemme know
Tutor
walshdarren
Message 18 of 37 (6,196 Views)

cheers the windows 7 compatibility mode worked grand for the graphics and finger print software, you just swipe you finger on the logon screen and it logs you in although nothing says swipe your finger on the logon screen it just works !!!

Tutor
walshdarren
Message 19 of 37 (6,192 Views)

ok now the fingerprint scanner isn't working for logon it was fine after a few restarts and shutdowns and then just didn't work, any ideas??

Teacher
Chaand
Message 20 of 37 (6,190 Views)

walshdarren wrote:

ok now the fingerprint scanner isn't working for logon it was fine after a few restarts and shutdowns and then just didn't work, any ideas??

It happened to me just yesterday! believe it or not :smileyvery-happy:

Anyways,

go to C drive

SwSetup folder

you'll then find a folder with the driver's number that you installed, SPXXXXX

open it,

right click on setup.exe, make sure it's set on windows 7 compatibility mode

click on

choose repair

and that's it

you'll have your simple pass working as before

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation