Question
hp simple pass identity protection not working with windows 8.
Replies (36)

Tutor
walshdarren
Message 21 of 37 (3,005 Views)

Re: hp simple pass identity protection not working with windows 8.

i tried that but still didn't work, but think i've cracked it, it turnes out it was because i switched back to a microsoft account from a local one even though the passwords are the same, i tried reinstalling it whilst signed into my microsoft account but no joy, it only works on my local account for logon, websites work grand on both accounts, i have to wait 3 weeks for ms to trust this pc as it sent a code to an old email, maybe it will work on the microsoft account then, what do you think?

Teacher
Chaand
Message 22 of 37 (2,996 Views)

walshdarren wrote:

i tried that but still didn't work, but think i've cracked it, it turnes out it was because i switched back to a microsoft account from a local one even though the passwords are the same, i tried reinstalling it whilst signed into my microsoft account but no joy, it only works on my local account for logon, websites work grand on both accounts, i have to wait 3 weeks for ms to trust this pc as it sent a code to an old email, maybe it will work on the microsoft account then, what do you think?

that is very strange ,,,

Tutor
walshdarren
Message 23 of 37 (2,992 Views)

tell me about it !! i can't find any reference to it online so will wait till my pc is trusted and hopefully it'll work, don't think being signed into my ms account makes much diff anyway

Honor Student
Will676
Message 24 of 37 (2,807 Views)

This works awsome on windows 8 pro 

http://support.authentec.com/Downloads/windows/hpsimplepass.aspx

Tutor
walshdarren
Message 25 of 37 (2,798 Views)

i tried that and it wont accept my password when i try to set up the logon feature,  when it first opens ank askes for my password it accepts it but when i click the logon tab and it askes for my password again it wont accept it, does anyone know how to fix this please as am baffeled myself!! am using win 8 pro 64 bit

Honor Student
ScateRe
Message 26 of 37 (2,591 Views)

After upgrading my HP laptop to Window 8 pro, I find out that HP Simple Pass identity protection stops working?DN

Tutor
walshdarren
Message 27 of 37 (2,588 Views)

you need to uninstall simple pass then download it again, right click the setup file and click properties then compatibility and run the programme for windows 7 click apply and then install it, it will work grand then, the same thing happened to me and  it's fine now, let me know how you get on 

Tutor
walshdarren
Message 28 of 37 (2,586 Views)

but the logon feature only works for me when i switch to a local account

Honor Student
ScateRe
Message 29 of 37 (2,578 Views)

Thank you for the advice.My laptop is HP Pavillion. After upgrading to window 8 pro,HP Simple Pass Identity Protection stops working.I uninstalled HP Simple Pass Identity Protection . Then, I re-installed( this must be new version).When all the set up is done, it works perfectly fine again.The new file name now is DigitalPersona.DN

Tutor
pawonr
Message 30 of 37 (1,736 Views)

Re: hp simple pass identity protection not working with windows 7

Re: hp simple pass identity protection not working with windows 7

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation