Re: i am using hp touchsmart 300 pc is it compatible to install windows 8?, the touch driver will su (886 Views)
Honor Student
sakenth
Message 1 of 8 (4,208 Views)

i am using hp touchsmart 300 pc is it compatible to install windows 8?, the touch driver will suppor

Student
DarkOverDroid
Message 2 of 8 (4,072 Views)

Re: i am using hp touchsmart 300 pc is it compatible to install windows 8?, the touch driver will su

[ Edited ]

It sure is. I have it installed on my Touchsmart 300-1003 Desktop and it works great.

All the drivers needed will automatically install and the touchscreen with muti-touch support works great also.

If you decide to install the preview, I would suggest partitioning your harddisk and install it on the new partition, so your Windows 7 system will be unaffected.

Once you install Windows 8 and boot your TouchSmart up, it`ll give you the option each time you boot it up, to use Windows 8 or Windows 7.

The reason I reccomend installing 8 on a seperate partition, is because it`s a preview as of now, and just in case you decide to stick with Windows 7, You can always revert back without issue.

PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 3 of 8 (3,763 Views)

Re: i am using hp touchsmart 300 pc is it compatible to install windows 8?, the touch driver will su

To get touch to work with the Windows 8 Upgrade Kit, you will need to activate Win 8 via an Internet Connection with Microsoft, and reboot.

KTG Tutor
Tutor
KTG
Message 4 of 8 (3,635 Views)

Installed Win8 over the weekend and I found that it's almost impossible to invoke the charms bar on the right and open apps bar from the left using touch. Basically touch on the edges is really bad.

Running the Tablet PC touch calibration tool didn't help as it couldn't even complete it. It just got stuck in some corners. At times it looked like it maybe registering multiple touches at once and then started beeping at every touch.

HP, please update the touch drivers!

PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 5 of 8 (3,629 Views)

Don't use the Calibration tool. Go back to the Calibration tool and click restore defaults.

Student
kenclack
Message 6 of 8 (3,407 Views)

Re: i am using hp touchsmart 300

I am using hp touchsmart 300  monitor, is it compatible to windows 8?

KTG Tutor
Tutor
KTG
Message 7 of 8 (3,399 Views)

I tried that to begin with, didn't help.

Student
yovas93
Message 8 of 8 (886 Views)

can u send me the driver please..my touch isnt working ive tried windows update and it wont install..also tired driver genius but nothing..need help with th touch driver..please

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation