HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
Search the Community
08-03-2012 02:27 PM
Try to perform a hard reset, follow the steps below.
- Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC.
- Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
- Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices.
- Press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
- Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC; but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
- Press the power button to turn the notebook PC back on.
- If prompted to boot into Safe Mode or select a special type of start up, use the arrow keys to highlight Start Windows Normally , and then press the enter key.