Question

Student
vijays
Message 1 of 10 (4,742 Views)

my scanner software doesn't install with windows 8 preview (HP SCANJET 2400)

Hi,

I have a HP SCANJET 2400 scanner. I have recently installed Windows 8 Release Preview and discovered that the software that I installed on Windows 7 doesn't seem to work. The installation application dosen't work properly and unable to install application suit of HP Solution Center.

Are there any available solutions for Windows 8 yet (even if its only beta software - I'm happy to give it a go)?

Thanks

VijayS

Top Student
odaroloc
Message 2 of 10 (4,691 Views)

Re: my scanner software doesn't install with windows 8 preview (HP SCANJET 2400)

Hi there,

From my testing, if software installed on Windows 7 it will install on Windows 8.  If you installed Windows 8 over the top of Windows 7, I would try uninstalling all software related to the 2400, reboot, and then try re-installing. 

Check out:

http://sawpro.atlanta.hp.com/km/saw/view.do?docId=emr_na-c03408379&hsid=41953472&sz=104605

Intern
Namerico
Message 3 of 10 (4,613 Views)

Re: my scanner software doesn't install with windows 8 preview (HP SCANJET 2400)

Hi vijays,

did you try running your software installation in "compatibility mode"?

right click your setup file and select properties - TAB Compatibility - enable compatibility mode and select windows 7 or xp sp3 and try running the setup again.

if this doesn´t work you could download and run this wizard (not sure if works on your model but you could give it a try)

Download here:

HP Wizard

you should also run it in compatibility mode if it doesn´t work on win 8 , it will download and install the best software & driver for your ScanJet.

hope it helps,

regards

Top Student
odaroloc
Message 4 of 10 (4,606 Views)

I actually installed on Windows 8 using Solution Center v13 that is listed for the 2400.  I didn’t need to use compatibility mode but I did notice 2 Flash Player related pop-ups that were not visible on the screen, just the taskbar.   The installation hung until the pop-ups were replied to.  I have installed several other HP Scanjets on Windows 8 using the same version of Solution Center and have not seen these Flash Player related error messages.      

Intern
PigVomit
Message 5 of 10 (4,560 Views)

There is only limited support for Adobe Flash in Windows 8.  I have noticed in the past that some versions of HP Support Center utilize flash.

Take a look at my post here:  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-8-Release-Preview/SOLUTION-Get-Win-7-Printer-Drivers-HP-Solutio...

Try some variations of this and see if any of them work for you.  Kudos to me if it solves your problem.

Intern
Namerico
Message 6 of 10 (4,555 Views)

odaroloc,

even so i recommend you to try the method advised by me, using HP PIW 

if that doesn´t solve your problem  then i rest my case :smileywink:

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 7 of 10 (4,198 Views)

Have you checked out this document for guidence with your Scanjet 2400 scanner?

HP Scanjet - Scanners Supported in Windows 8

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Student
haseebchaudhary
Message 8 of 10 (3,837 Views)

vijays wrote:

Hi,

I have a HP SCANJET 2400 scanner. I have recently installed Windows 8 Release Preview and discovered that the software that I installed on Windows 7 doesn't seem to work. The installation application dosen't work properly and unable to install application suit of HP Solution Center.

Are there any available solutions for Windows 8 yet (even if its only beta software - I'm happy to give it a go)?

Thanks

VijayS

Student
williesr
Message 9 of 10 (2,912 Views)

my eprint softwear will not load on my windows 8

Student
fatkinson
Message 10 of 10 (1,289 Views)

Re: my scanner software doesn't install with windows 8 preview (HP SCANJET G3110)

I installed a new hard drive in my PC and installed a new copy of Windows 8 on it. 

I went to the HP Web site and downloaded the scanner software for Windows 8. 

My computer isn't recognizing the scanner.  I keep getting a message about an unrecognized USB device. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation