Question

Tutor
aledando
Message 1 of 9 (6,313 Views)

new drivers for ati radeon 7690m xt with windows 8 compatibility

i own a HP Pavillion DV7-6c90el with a ati radeon hd 7690m xt,from the release this graphic card didn't receive any update compatible because it is a model created just for hp (it's a modified version of the 6770m), i hope that for the release of windows 8 it will be a driver update because i wish to use my notebook without problems with windows 8.
thanks a lot

Top Student
pur3pwnag3
Message 2 of 9 (6,289 Views)

Re: new drivers for ati radeon 7690m xt with windows 8 compatibility

[ Edited ]

I completely agree, my laptop has this video card in it and I've been running Windows 8 (from the MSDN service) for a while now and absolutely NO drivers will work with the card in Windows 8 and the card isnt even recognised by AMD (what were HP thinking?). 

It's just pathetic to see a company like HP treating their customers like this and if I don't see a Windows 8 driver decently soon after Windows 8 is properly released, I'm never buying HP again.

Master's Graduate
Matt_Lo
Message 3 of 9 (6,152 Views)

Hello,
Please read this regarding Windows 8 and drivers for computers designed for Windows 7 and below: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ad/windows-8-offer/upgrade.html

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
Tutor
aledando
Message 4 of 9 (6,143 Views)

dear Matt_Lo,

i already see that my pc had been tested,the question is about the drivers of the graphic cards that are really old (and creates many problems with new games or programs) and ati don't update them because the 7690m xt doesn't exist technically,so HP have to update them...i wish that updating my pc to windows 8 all will work perfectly

Top Student
dalydose
Message 5 of 9 (6,081 Views)

I concur that HP needs to update these drivers from Radeon/Catalyst.  I was VERY disappointed when I wasn't able to use some of the features of my video editing software (Sony Vegas Pro) because the software is looking for an up to date Catalyst driver.  I can't update it directly from the site and HP doesn't seem interested in updating it.

Tutor
aledando
Message 6 of 9 (5,342 Views)

dear Matt_Lo,

like i supposed after my update at windows 8 ati catalyst stopped to work,now i had unistalled them but if i try to update with amd site it doesn't recognize the 7690m xt,but also the drivers that hp has at the page for my notebook are obsoleted and it doesn't work. we need an update of them

Student
Nicola86
Message 7 of 9 (4,926 Views)

any news?

it's frustrating no drivers are developed for our video card......

Student
Rameshkn
Message 8 of 9 (2,281 Views)

Can somebody help get me the ATI catalyst drivers for windows 8?  Where can i find it?

Tutor
aledando
Message 9 of 9 (2,270 Views)

you have to search them on the support page of your notebook model,you should find them (there aren't the newest drivers,but they work)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation