Tutor
engsameh
Message 1 of 22 (21,330 Views)

window s 8 consumer problem with hp laserjet p1005

hello everyone

today my second day with consumer preview 

my printer was working will with developer preview

but now

i installed the software of hp full package and the printer where installed then i am trying to printing any page at give's me a side tap says 

" Printing Error " 

and not printing and in the queue says print-error 

i tried uninstalling and reinstall ( Not working  ) 

itried reinstall windows 8 consumer ( Not working ) 

i aslo tried my printer on other pc ( Uses windows 7 ) to sure the printer health its worked on windows 7  and one developer preview.

i tried microsoft fixit and hp problem detector every thing says no problem ,, but there's a problem :smileyhappy: 

need help pls 

thanks

Tutor
engsameh
Message 2 of 22 (21,299 Views)

Re: window s 8 consumer problem with hp laserjet p1005

what is this guys

29 view

and no one comment or reply

pls help ineed a solve i am opening the site the whole time watting the replys

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 3 of 22 (21,266 Views)

Hi engsameh,

As you seem to be aware, windows 8 is not yet available as an official release, therefore drivers that directly support it are not available as of yet. The fact that it worked with the developer preview and not the consumer preview is a great example of how this is a preview environment and not expected to fully support all devices. If Microsoft has an area to report issues or to provide comments, feedback, or bugs with spefiic products, I'd recommend posting there as well so there is an awareness made on that front. There simply is not a scope of support for unreleased products or ones that are in testing stages unfortunately.

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Tutor
engsameh
Message 4 of 22 (21,256 Views)

man i don't need it to have the driver automatic i installed the driver and it installed but doesn't print of course theres a option problem only pls rethink need  help

Tutor
engsameh
Message 5 of 22 (21,191 Views)

Really Thanks God
i Found solution of this problem Randomly only by praying :smileyhappy:
The solution
Connect The p1005 printer to a pc have windows 7 and print a page with it and get the cable connected to windows 8 after that and go to control panel > hardware and sounds > Device and printer > hp laser jet p1005 Right click > Printer properties > ports > uncheck bidirectional support then press ok and print ,, it works :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Note : after doing the pervious steps if u turned the printer off u will need to connect it to windows 7 pc again and print and connect it to windows 8 it will work without the pervious steps //
it seems like if windows 7 gives it information that is reseted after turn it off
we wish windows 8 to solve this problem nearly
That is the Original post page : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-hardware/laserjet-p1005-will-not-print/34...

Student
JEVGS
Message 6 of 22 (15,544 Views)

If you install the driver software in windows 7 compatibility mode it installs ok - printer test page then print ok but still having reliable printing issues with jobs rendered on the pc itself, sometimes it works , sometimes not. Strangely jobs sent to the printer via 'sharing' (ie print jobs from other pc's) seem to work more reliably, maybe something to do with the jobs being rendered on the remote device....

Anyone with more printer knowledge / skills - maybe you can dig into this more? - a solution might just be an option or two away!
Intern
JiriCvrk
Message 7 of 22 (9,587 Views)

the same problem here, february, 6th 2013

Honor Student
Gabriel_Braga
Message 8 of 22 (9,554 Views)

I have the same problem.
Where is the drivers for "Windows 8"
February 6, 2013

Intern
JiriCvrk
Message 9 of 22 (9,445 Views)

7.2.2013 drivers still not available   :smileysad:

Student
ññ
Message 10 of 22 (8,876 Views)

Today 12th of feb. of 2013 and I don´t understand why such a big firm as HP couldn´t solve the problem for drivers for window8

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation