Question

Honor Student
Robbert
Message 1 of 8 (4,232 Views)

windows 8 6500a Plus scanner

Is it posible to test a pre-release of the scanner software for Win 8 CR  for HP 6500A Plus, Win 8 Customer Preview 64b ?

Printer works fine with default drivers.

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 2 of 8 (4,227 Views)

Re: windows 8 6500a Plus scanner

At this time Windows 8 has the Windows update driver.  If you installed this printer over a network you can print but not scan, if you install this printer via usb you can print and scan.

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
Student
danascott
Message 3 of 8 (4,035 Views)

You said you solved this with WIndows 8 update driver, how? Where's the driver? You didn't solve anything.

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 4 of 8 (4,030 Views)

danascott,

Are you trying to install this usb or over your network?  If you are installing this via wireless you will only be able to print, but if you install it usb you should be able to scan and print, either way here is how.

1.  Go to your start screen

2.  From your start screen type devices and printers.(after this you will need to select settings on the right)

3.  Select devices and printers and this should open up in the desktop. In the upper left you should see add a printer, click on that.

4.  Windows 8 will search for any printer that is connected either usb or network, when it finds your printer select it and it should install the driver for it, you must be connected to the internet for this to happen because its a windows update driver that it needs to install..

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
Honor Student
Robbert
Message 5 of 8 (4,020 Views)

If you just add the printer as a network device, Windows will asign a working driver automatically for print. You just need to scan via the internal webserver of the printer. You can't install the tools that are shiped with the printer.

Student
rgsiiiya
Message 6 of 8 (3,126 Views)

So, are you really telling us that the Windows 8 drivers are regressed from Windows 7 and we have not lost all the scanning features?

All this was possible in Windows 7!!!

Why would you not figure out how to maintain parity going forward into Windows 8???

Student
Kboy
Message 7 of 8 (3,122 Views)

I just got a new Windows 8 laptop and I have this same issue.  Yes I can print to the HP6500A, but I need to also scan, and I am not in the same room as the printer, so I need to scan via the wireless network as my other computers do.  How is this accomplished?  Thank you for your help.  

Student
Shaimaa
Message 8 of 8 (1,175 Views)

I have the same problem where I can print but not scan. I have tried installing the printer from the CD but it is saying it is not compatible. please advise I need to scn as well as print.

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation