Question

Honor Student
jimincolga
Message 1 of 5 (23,404 Views)

windows 8 drivers

are Windows 8 drivers avail. for the 8600 OfficeJet Pro or is there a way to force windows 7 software. am running win 8 eval. version and works well, have only had a cpl probs with older software. most win 7 software loads and runs in win 8.

however, the software supplied with the 8600  stops loading, saying that it is not compatible with my operating system, meaning windows 8 eval.

any ideas?

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 5 (23,400 Views)

Re: windows 8 drivers

Hi:

HP is not providing any support for W8 consumer preview.

Please see their statement regarding this at the link below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-8-Consumer-Preview/Welcome-to-the-HP-Windows-8-Consumer-Preview...

My recommendation is to use the add a printer wizard and select your printer from the list already in windows 8.

It should load at least the basic drivers to get your printer to print.

Paul

Honor Student
jimincolga
Message 3 of 5 (23,372 Views)

tks, had thought of that and am sure Win8 will pick it up, if just plug in. but also wanting the scan software, etc.

course as Win8 not offiicially out yet, i can't whin too much.  thanks, jim

Student
jp99
Message 4 of 5 (21,954 Views)

was able to establish print from Windows 8 (running from a Mac Pro though Parallels) to HP 6800. 

would  not work wireless and required cable connection.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03227634

Student
duffinstuart
Message 5 of 5 (12,982 Views)

I have just upgraded to  windows 8 on a probook 4530  and found the  alternate function on the numeric button above the alphabetical keyboard is not functioning correclty. Most frustrating the @ function  on the numeric  2 key function.

In device manager keyboard shows as a standard PS2  which I suspect requires the driver from HP to get working.

Problem is there is no driver available.

Note have had a look on the net and I am not the only one having this issue.

Please Help 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation