Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question, please post a new topic. You can read more about archiving here.
Tutor
Message 1 of 4 (884 Views)

HP Mini Ability To View Win 8 Metro Under Its MAX Screen Resolution When Released :(

This is just a question and I know it has got to be posted many, many time somewhere. I absolutely love the Mini and when I had some issues after my purchase a few months ago, the fantastic support agent even said when the actual Win 8 is released,  it will be so cool on it. Well, one major problem I never caught. While the Mini Desktop portion of Win 8 Consumer preview works great, the HP Mini ability to view Win 8 Metro under Its MAX screen resolution is not possible. Now I know HP does not support the consumer preview as of yet but am I just out of luck by the release date? Will there be some kind of patch or ability for current Mini buyers to use Win 8 Metro when released? I asked this question in a Win 8 forum and the response I got was just that Notebooks are not designed for these kinds of features and are simple in nature. I agree but that is backward having a small device that will not be able to use Windows 8 except on its Desktop and furthermore, something tells me that Minis after 2013 will?  Help....

Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 4 (877 Views)

Re: HP Mini Ability To View Win 8 Metro Under Its MAX Screen Resolution When Released :(

Are you referring to the Windows 8 consumer preview? What model of mini and what is the MAX screen resolution? Metro works on my mini.
===================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *
** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Tutor
Message 3 of 4 (873 Views)

Re: HP Mini Ability To View Win 8 Metro Under Its MAX Screen Resolution When Released :(

Mini 210 and only 1024x600. It needs to be by 700.

Highlighted
Tutor
Message 4 of 4 (866 Views)

Anyway, I know there is nothing that can be done about it-its just frustrating knowing that in about 7 months, the upgrade will not mean much to these minis and pretty much a new unit within 12 months of an OS release. I doubt MS will lower the resolution rate but the 600 is right at that line for many programs as well. I never would have thought-I am just stuck and was hoping the 210 would be compatible to an OS that is supposed to be friendly with the smaller devices-now this is ironic.

Smiley Sad

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation