Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Guys!

I cant find Windows 7 64bit or 32bit (I am using 64bit Windows 7) drivers to HP PSC 1315 on this page and if I installed older driver for example Vista 32 or 64bit installation wizzard couldnt permit me I dont know what can I do with that. I need to use this printer device. I know this printer is very old but I havent got any plan to buy one new. Please excuse me I dont have good english language skills.

Message Edited by coper471 on 08-19-2009 11:50 PM
Message Edited by coper471 on 08-19-2009 11:51 PM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This thread has been locked, For more information on HPPIW please refer to the following support document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02681060

The HP Printer Install Wizard is a support application from HP that assisted in downloading printer software. This support application is no longer supported by HP. The last update to this software was on September 22, 2015.

To download and install the latest version of software for your HP printer, please visit 123.hp.com, HP support website, or HP Support Assistant (in English).

I Work for HP

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

coper471 wrote:

I cant find Windows 7 64bit or 32bit (I am using 64bit Windows 7) drivers to HP PSC 1315 on this page and if I installed older driver for example Vista 32 or 64bit installation wizzard couldnt permit me I dont know what can I do with that. I need to use this printer device. I know this printer is very old but I havent got any plan to buy one new. Please excuse me I dont have good english language skills.

If you are running the RTM* version then try the following:  go to the printers folder, "add a printer", select a local printer, LPT1:, then click the "Windows Update" box.  Be  patient, this will take several minutes with no apparant activity, but it will then load the new set of drivers, including hundreds of HP models. 

Once the drivers have downloaded cancel the "add printer" dialog, then plug the USB cable for the PSC 1315 and the drivers should install automatically.

The "PSC 1310 series" driver should work for th4e PSC 1315.  

* It appears the Windows Update function was disables from RC1 once the RTM was released.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
Ok thank you very mutch the printer correctly works with 1310 drivers as you wrote but I needed changed LPT port to USB port in configurations that was all but now I have only one problem. This device has scanner but now I cant use scanner device which is integrated in multifuncion device. What can I do with that? The original driver has scanner driver in aprox 300MB driver which isnt compactible with Windows 7 series. Why HP cant release original driver update to HP PSC 1315 on Windows 7? I believe this problems must have very much people. Please respond me.
Message Edited by coper471 on 08-20-2009 08:48 AM
Message Edited by coper471 on 08-20-2009 08:51 AM
Message Edited by coper471 on 08-20-2009 08:53 AM
HP Recommended

Hi Coper

Windows 7 has not yet officially been released. You therefore cannot expect HP to release fully functional drivers at this point in time. I am sure Windows 7 drivers (hopefully with device stage functionality) will be released at the proper time (e.g. starting October, 22nd). At this time, drivers available on Windows Update only provide minimal functionality (e.g. scan or fax functionality will not be included in the driver obtained from Windows Update).

In the mean time it IS possible for you to use the Vista drivers that are available on the HP.com website. Please note that the following instructions are for the English RTM version of Windows 7. If you are using a localized version, the names of buttons and options may be different. Also note that these instructions require you to be logged in as administrator or to use an account with administrator privileges.

Step 1: Download the appropriate vista driver (32-bit or 64-bit depending on the installed architecture of Windows Vista).

Step 2: After the download is complete, browse to the downloaded file by clicking "Open folder" (or whatever it is called in your native language) on the download window.

Step 3: Right-click the file and select "Properties" (again this will differ in your language).

Step 4: Click on the tab "Compatibility".

Step 5: Mark the checkbox on "Run this program in compatibility mode:" and choose "Windows Vista" from the list. Alternatively, you may also select "Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)" or "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)", the driver checks the version number of the OS (which is 6.0 for Windows Vista) and service packs do not change the version number.

Step 6: Mark the checkbox "Run as administrator". This step is optional, but recommended.

Step 7: Click on "Apply" and then on "Ok".

Step 8: Double-click on the file.

IMPORTANT: If you did not skip step 6, you will get a User Access Control window when you launch the driver installation. Click "Continue" and follow the steps of the driver installation process.

If all went well, you will not get the error that the driver you are attempting to install is not compatible with your Windows version. Since Windows Vista and Windows 7 share the same driver architecture, using Vista drivers on a Windows 7 machine -although not recommended- should not cause any issues.

Normally you should be able to use the full functionality of your printer now. Let us know how it worked out for you!

Cheers

Message Edited by Ascario on 08-20-2009 11:24 AM
HP Recommended
OK no problem I can try run as Windows Vista compatible later If I will need use scanner but I dont belevie it wont be correctly because I tried run as Windows Vista compatible other software I couldnt run. If will be a problem I will be write on this topic. Thanks
Message Edited by coper471 on 08-21-2009 02:48 AM
Message Edited by coper471 on 08-21-2009 02:49 AM
HP Recommended

hello.

i just formatted my pc and now is running Windows 7 system. i am using HP PSC 1315 All-in-one printer which is equipped with scanner. the problem is i can use the printer but windows do not detect the scanner as well.  what step should i take in order for me to use the scanner?

HP Recommended
tnx
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Bob, I saw your reply regarding this topic. I have an all-in-one 1315 which works well. It is attached to a Netgear print server. I print wirelessly with my 32-bit Lenovo laptop. I installed Windows 7 several weeks ago and life is grand. thank you MS! However, I cannot scan anything into my laptop even if I connect an Ethernet cable from the print server to the laptop, If I open up Windows Live Photo Gallery and go File | Import the printer is not recognized in the dialog window. So, I am hopeful that you have the solution tucked neatly away on your desktop somewhere.

Thanks much,

Chuck Cohen, DVM

Clinical Practice Solutons

HP Recommended

Here are the drivers for Windows 7.  When you click on the links, give it a minute and they will 'pop-up' on your screen.  When you click 'Save' the driver package will begin to download.

Note: These are LARGE files and may take some time to download.

Save the driver file somewhere on your computer where you will be easily able to find it, such as your desktop.

After downloading, go to the location where you saved the file and double click on the file. Then simply follow the on-screen instructions for installing the driver.

HP PSC 1315 Windows 7 Printer Driver Download

HP PSC 1315 Windows 7 64-bit Printer Driver Download

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.