Question

Tutor
nicoman
Message 1 of 5 (315 Views)
Accepted Solution

Does my tablet / notebook support WiDi ?

Hi,

I've just bought a new laptop / tablet: 

PC HP Split 13-m100la x2(E7H88LA) *

I bought the tablet in South America (specifically here in Chile)

However I'm confused.  I don't really understand if it supports WiDi or not.

I've read similar tech specifications on similar HP Split x2 which DO support it.

Upon starting my laptop with Windows 8.1 (yes. I updated it as soon as I acquired it), I see "Intel WiDi Remote" icon.

That would mean it does support it? right or wrong?

The issue is I click on it.  Then I try to extend the screen but I never see an option to search for the SSID name with the WiDi receiver.

More information on the wireless device it has: "Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter" 

I'm really confused if this tablet definitely does not support WiDi or its a driver issue.

Please help and clear this info for me.

I'd be very greatful.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (310 Views)

Re: Does my tablet / notebook support WiDi ?

Hi,

Based on the following specs, No:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03934822&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=bz&dlc=en...

If you wish, you can use the following link to check your machine:

http://supportkb.intel.com/wireless/wireless-display/templates/selfservice/intelwidi/#portal/1026/ar...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Provost
erico
Message 3 of 5 (287 Views)

In order to have WiDi your split X2 would have to have the Broadcom BCM4352 wireless adapter. Since you have stated that it does not, then the answer is no. 

Intel WiDi system requirements

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
nicoman
Message 4 of 5 (268 Views)

Why do this one have it?

It uses a 

• 802.11b/g/n WLAN

Another thing.

In the following post it states to download Ralink driver just like the one I have on my laptop.

" I have found a link to the Ralink driver. Click on the link and update the driver. If this does not resolve the issue, please let me know and I will be happy to investigate the issue further. 

sp63945 Mediatek - alink 802.11 WiFi Adapter V5.0.34.0 - Win 8.1"

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/widi-on-split-x2/td-p/3123435

So this is a hardware / software issue?

Thanks.

Provost
erico
Message 5 of 5 (254 Views)

nicoman wrote:

Why do this one have it?

It uses a 

• 802.11b/g/n WLAN

Another thing.

In the following post it states to download Ralink driver just like the one I have on my laptop.

" I have found a link to the Ralink driver. Click on the link and update the driver. If this does not resolve the issue, please let me know and I will be happy to investigate the issue further. 

sp63945 Mediatek - alink 802.11 WiFi Adapter V5.0.34.0 - Win 8.1"

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/widi-on-split-x2/td-p/3123435

So this is a hardware / software issue?

Thanks.

If your split does not have the system requirements as stated in the Intel link then it does not have WiDi. I really cannot make it any clearer than that. Intel made WiDi. Don't you think that they may know what they are talking about? 

If your split does not have the Broadcom wireless adapter, then it does not have WiDi. That is the way it is according to Intel .

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation