Question

Top Student
Cheetah666
Message 1 of 3 (279 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 360 non stop issues

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone, 

I am a little lost so if this is in the wrong spot im sorry.

I have purchased the HP 360paviliion about 6 weeks ago and the list of problems appears to continue to grow.
1. The keyboard has a mind of its own and decides to work when it is ready to. More often it will not work.
2. When you load the 360 the screen orientation is stuck on portrait.
3. The screen will not rotate (like the Ipads do)

4. The touch screen like the keyboard works sometimes - therefor i have to active the onscreen keyboard.

I spent almost 2 hrs on the phone to support yesterday, i might add he had no idea and was clearly getting his instructions from either a script or online.

The best he could tell me was well for the portrait hit the "CNT+ALT+Uparrow". Now this is fine but i had to do it for every screen so i could see the screens. so really no fix at all.

Then after all this time he then deteremine after a Bios check the issues was software not hardware. (his bios check was to hit all the keys and amke sure they beep).

Then decided it was best to do a factory reset. So many many hours later, i still have machine where
1. the keyboard will not work

2 the sreen will not rotate....( you know like the APPLE products do)

Plug in an external keybord and mouse and it works beautifully when the rotation will set to landscape.
Has anyone had this issue and if so have they found a solution, apart from take the machine back.

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 3 (229 Views)

Re: HP 360 non stop issues

Hi Cheetah666, welcome to the HP Forums. I understand your screen is not auto rotating and your keyboard is often not responding.

In regards to the screen, verify that auto rotation is not locked. Take a look at this document for details on those steps:
How to Lock or Unlock Screen AutoRotation in Windows 8.1

As far as the keyboard is concerned, see if you can recreate the failure in Safe Mode. If you can, then it is likely a hardware failure. Here are the instructions to enter Safe Mode: Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

I hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Cheetah666
Message 3 of 3 (196 Views)

Re: HP 360 non stop issues

[ Edited ]

Thank you for you response.

I spoke with HP tech help, and they tried a factory reset which didn't assist any of the problems i was having. They were good enough to issue me a return / refund voucher. It appears i might have been sold a lemon in the 1st instant.

After speaking with the place i purchased the HP 360, i ended up getting another machine, and well touch wood so far it has been working like a dream. Mind you only have it for 2 days and have only just finished setting it up.

I will give you this, at least the information you was much more inormative and possibly more helpful than the phone line.
Im sure the info was proably pretty good.

regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation