Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello guys,

I'm writting from Spain as owner of one of the HP Omni10. Since I purchased the product I was very happy, till  I did a recovery of the tablet, I don't know why the tablet stayed frozen. Once I did it, I had lost the bluetooth, in my wireless devices list I only have the wifi available...and in my devices manager I can see an Unknown device and I'm quite sure that's the bluetooth. I've disabled and enabled the device, I've searched in google for the drivers, and I've installed a broadcom drivers pack for hp netbook and nothing, I don't have any kind of successful result!

I've checked also in the official spanish HP website and I've contacted with the customer service and support team...but since a couple of weeks ago I've not received any answer....that place is almost dead.

Hence, I've jumped to this side of the world looking for your help 🙂 Do you have any idea about how should I solve my issue? or perhaps Do you have the drivers for the bluetooth?

Thanks in advance and apologies for my english! (I didn't use google translate btw ;-))

Regards

Angelo

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi Angelotti, thank you for posting on the HP Forums. You do not need to apologize for your English. You type English very well.

If I understand you correctly, you did a recovery because it was freezing up a lot. After the recovery, not all of the drivers were installed properly. Is this correct?

What type of recovery did you do? There are two types of recovery. It sounds like you might have done a Windows recovery or refresh. The other method is an HP Recovery, which restores the device back to factory defaults, including all of the drivers.

So that I can best assist you, I would need to know the exact product number of your Omni10. You can use this guide if you need help finding that number:  Guide to finding your product number

I also need to know exactly what version of Windows is installed. I can assume it is Windows 8.1 32bit. If you need help verifying, you can refer to this guide: Which Windows operating system am I running?

This document, is the generic troubleshooting, if your computer is freezing or locking up. This probably does not apply to you until you get your drivers installed: Computer Locks Up or Freezes in Windows 8

I look forward to your response.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Dear TwopointOh,

First of all, thanks a lot for your prompt response. I've never could imagine that my post was going to be read.

Regarding your questions, Yes I did a complete windows recovery or a re-install. All drivers were automatically installed and all my devices were recognized by windows. I mean no issues with the wlan card or audio, or video card but with the bluetooth.

On the other hand, here below the requested data:

product_name : HP Omni 10 5600es Tablet
part_number : F4X06EA
operating system : Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

If  you need more info, just let me know it.

thank you very much!

kindest regards,

Angelo

HP Recommended

Thanks Angelotti. If you remove the unknown device, and scan for changes, does it comeback as unknown?

Try reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers, using this method:  Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 😎

Are there any other items in Device Manager with errors or listed as uknown?

See "Device Manager error symbols" in this: Device Manager Information for Windows 8

It is possible the Bluetooth device has failed. Let me know if this makes any difference.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello again TwoPointOh,

Sorry for my late response, My mail app didn't notice me about the new messages!

Regarding your suggestions, I've tried all of them but withtout success. Removing the device does not anything, It just tell me that I have an unknown device, the only one by the way on the list.

The second one, use the hp recovery manager, I can not do it also, as I dont have the software to do it. I've googled it  and look it for the software in this forum but no way to have it. I've seen a couple of packages to download it and one of them are the updates or the one what it seems, shows me an error when I try to execute it (it looks for .dll parts (too much for me :smileyindifferent:))

The error that I have in the list is the one with the yellow triangule, and the description says that I need the latest drivers for the bluetooth.

I'm becoming a little bit nervous as I bought a bluetooth keyboard that I'm using for work...and this one is useless right now...a pity.

however, thanks a lot for your help...I'm still waiting answers from Spain...and as I've seen in a lot of parts of the world, because I've checked a lot of forums looking for the solution, I'm not the only one with this problem!

Thanks Again,

Angelo

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, it seems possible that your Bluetooth has failed. You should contact phone support for repair options:  HP Technical Support, North America 1-800-474-6836. For all other regions click here.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

It seems I do have the same problem. I will contact support. Thank u 🙂

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem, does not recognize the device after installing another copy of windows 8.1 32 bit driver recognizes all miss that, and worked perfectly.

HP Recommended

Hi McSiMO, welcome to the HP Forums. What is the model or product number?

Guide to finding your product number

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi TwoPointOh,

my model is a Omni 10 whith product number: F4X06EA#ABE

serial n: [edited by Moderator]

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.