HP Omni 10 Accessories (4107 Views)
Teacher
KenEsq
Message 1 of 18 (4,107 Views)

HP Omni 10 Accessories

So, I called HP to see if it was possible to get another charger for the Omni 10. Their parts department didn't have them and didn't have a part number.

The only accessory I've seen is the case.

No keyboard, no power charger, no car adapter, etc.

So, if you buy an Omni 10 be careful with the proprietary charger...you're not going to be able (easily) to get another.

Teacher
bataki
Message 2 of 18 (4,080 Views)

Re: HP Omni 10 Accessories

Why do you say "no power charger". Can't you charge the tablet plugged to the power on the wall?
Teacher
KenEsq
Message 3 of 18 (4,076 Views)

I meant purchasing an extra power adapter.

Intern
sebr
Message 4 of 18 (4,071 Views)

The power supply that comes with the Omni 10 (Model No. WAD007, HP Part No. 735978-004) is a huge downer: The cable length of just 1m makes it unusuable if you wanna use the tablet while charging or using the charging stand on a table...unless HP expects all customers to have power outlets on their desks :smileyfrustrated:

Besides that, the DC barrel connector sits very loose in the jack, making it easy to bend - likely to cause the center pin of the jack to break off sooner or later as it's diameter of only 1mm makes it very fragile.

But, at least in europe, the power adaptor is widely available for retail prices of 40 to 50 Euro. Pretty much for a simple 12V power supply which is sealed and won't be serviceable - not environmentally friendly.

Honor Student
Cliff-HP-Rep
Message 5 of 18 (3,765 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sorry that the power cable is too short for your needs. If you would like to charge the Omni 10 while using it in a comfortable manner, I would suggest this: 

http://shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Accessories/Tablet-specialty-products/F3B93AA?HP...

EDIT:

Also, if you would simply like a longer cable to keep with you, this may be an option:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Accessories/Tablet_Adapters/F2L66AA

Teacher
KenEsq
Message 6 of 18 (3,753 Views)

Cliff,

The description of that stand doesn't state if it comes with a charger or how long the cable would be if it does. It also appears that it would block access to all of the ports (other than headphones) while the tablet is in the stand.

The other charger you posted also doesn't list the length of the charging cable. Is it different than the original charger?

Honor Student
Cliff-HP-Rep
Message 7 of 18 (3,725 Views)

You are right, the length of the cable is not made clear. However, on the stand, it is noted that the AC adapter is not included, so you would actually use your AC adapter that came with the tablet, likely on your desk near an outlet. The stand does block the ports like you say, but the tablet supports Bluetooth and HP has Bluetooth accessories like mouses, keyboards, and speakers if you don't already have a third party solution. The idea behind the tablet is to eliminate wires where possible, and the Bluetooth options would be most convenient IMHO.

Also, this may also solve your problem:

http://shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Accessories/Tablet_Adapters/F2L67AA?HP-10W-Table...

Again, I'm not sure how long the included cable is, but you could simply use any length standard USB to plug into the brick that goes into your outlet. This will allow you to use third party cables you may already have, or could more easily purchase from local retailers.

Teacher
KenEsq
Message 8 of 18 (3,711 Views)

The problem is that you can't connect to another monitor with Bluetooth, that requires the HDMI port on the bottom of the tablet.

Between the case, the dock, and the too-short power cable it appears that someone at HP really dropped the ball when designing the tablet.  Perhaps these flaws as well as the camera and poor touch-screen response are the reasons that HP has made little to no effort to promote this device.

It's smelling more and more like the HP TouchPad for Windows.

Honor Student
AnthonT
Message 9 of 18 (3,654 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sebr

I have a 5600ea model which ships with the same 1m charger, which allows you to remove the plug end and replace it with a figure of eight lead of any length.

I guess like many people you were so eager to charge the device that you forgot about this.

:smileywink:

Teacher
KenEsq
Message 10 of 18 (3,644 Views)

"What's a figure of eight lead?"

My charger's cable is fixed into the plug end. The actual plugs themselves are removable, I suppose to allow for different plug configurations.

Hey, I can always plug it into an extension cord too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation