Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@RicardoMGama ,

Is there somebody (friend/family member) in the USA you can send the tablet to and have them handle the service for you?

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, there isn't nobody to send the tablet now and I will lost the warranty that ends this month.

RMG

HP Recommended

In Spain we have the same problem with the touch screen.

Please HP, solve the problem.

http://h30467.www3.hp.com/t5/Pantalla-y-v%C3%ADdeo-para-notebooks/hp-omni-10-Pantalla-Tactil-no-func...

HP Recommended

Hi everyone from Russia . Specially created account to write this post. Sorry for my english  🙂 

I had same problem. I tried two months to fix this. I reinstalled all drivers,bios and more,but effect is was not .

Touch screen is not working because its mechanical problem inside the tablet(Touchscreen cable connection).

How to fix. Turn off HP omni 10.Take the tablet in hands.Next-hard to translate 😞 Place fingers on the center of back cover and push.You must to little bend tablet with little power(do not break).

This method was helped me.I hope this solution will help to you.

Thank you 🙂

HP Recommended

Miracle! This solution was excellent for me. My tablet is OK now after uninstall and install the HID I2C. Thank you very much! I hope the problem won't repeat soon.

RMG

HP Recommended

Really it works but it's not a solution for a tablet which cost such amount of money...and some day it will stop working.

HP Recommended

Wow!   The bend of tablet worked the first time i tried it.  All it took was a small pressure in the middle of the back cover as described a few posts above mine then the tablet keyboard pooped up and  prompted me for my password to sign into windows.

I have owned my omni for about a year when this problem occurred and i have been cruising the forums for a few weeks looking for a solution that worked.   I tried a bunch and none fixed it consistently.  I was ready to blame this on windows software but it appears to be a hp hardware or hp assembly issue.

I'll be checking my purchase date and warranty options because this problem is bound to get worse over time.   i'm really bummed out about this too becuase i really liked this tablet for the cost and had been serving me well with the exception of a few minor quirks with the port layout and cheap power connector.

For those of you out of your warranty and not willing to pay for service on your tablet, I noticed the hp website offers a maintenance manual for replacing various parts on the tablet (battery, Wlan antenna, etc).   It shows step by step procedures for how to do this and includes parts numbers.  It also showed where this touchscreen board cable connects to the battery, which may be where the problem is located.   I truly hope I don't have to go down this road but if I need then at least I now have some additional info to help me if I chose to try and fix this problem.   Here's the link for those with technical skills at fixing electronics but do so at your own risk.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04306381.pdf

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

same problem...second tablet..the push in back is in hp serigrafeted symbol?

HP Recommended

Zhirik..

Absolutely brilliant well done for letting everyone know about this workaround - 1 was just about to trash my Omni 10 which would have been a real shame as it was a gift from my son who brought it with his first wage packet in December 2013. Shame on HP for producing such a poor quality product .... and not even offering a product recall or free repair...It's put me off HP for good when the time comes to replace it I'll be going with Samsung or Asus

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.