Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ricky,

I sent my HP Stream 8 back to Microsoft (that's where I ordered it).  They received it on Wednesday and are supposed to be shipping a new one today.  I'll post back once I've got the new one.  I'll have to look through the reviews on Amazon to see if I can find yours and the comment about a new set of drivers.  I haven't seen any new drivers other than the ones you posted from the Korean site.  Happy Holidays!  Thanks.

Eric

HP Recommended

Darrenc,

Not to confuse the issue, I was comparing the 5901 and 5909 HP Stream 8 tablets.  Both have 4g capability.  I did not mention the 5801 in my post.

Eric

HP Recommended

My mistake, posted the above in the wrong topic.

Eric

HP Recommended

Here's my amazon post, maybe you found it because there's an eric who replied to the new drivers person. http://www.amazon.com/review/R23NTAM2SGHBWX

HP Recommended

There is a Bios update through the HP support assistant, installing it now.

I wonder if this will fix anything?

HP Recommended

Ricky,

Yes, I found your post on Amazon and asked the guy who posted about new drivers where he found them. 

TorquetEffect,

On my HP Stream 8 I did upgrade to the latest BIOS that was listed on the HP Support site.  I still had wifi problems. 

Eric

HP Recommended

im currently using my stream 7. ive had this issue for the past few day. im pretty tech savy and this has been a pain finding a work around just for the goal of getting the table to discover and connect to my wifi. after reading all these threads and going through the motions...the problem definitley isnt the router, the issue definitley isnt worth reseting your device. i worked around the issue by changing the adapter settings and after alot of trial and error these are the settings that have given me a stable enough connection:

Antenna Diversity, enabled

Bandwidth, 20_40Hz

Wake on Magic Packet, disabled

Wake on Pattern Match, disabled

WiFi Configure, WiFi

Wireless Mode, IEEE 802.11b/g

now the next issue, Bluetooth devices arnt receptive with Antenna diversity on,  And WiFi configure not set to Performance.I Purchased the device for the convience, but im finding that this is where it falls short. i love the idea. if this problem could be fix on these key issues this tablet would be amazing for what i paid for it.

HP Recommended

Still waiting to hear from the Microsoft Store on my replacement.  I might just go ahead and return it.  I see Amazon has the HP Stream 8 for $149. 

Eric

HP Recommended

yip had the same thing happen in starbucks myself, but with one added advantage I also had along my tosh encore mini that runs the same wifi chipset - in fact id lay money bar a couple of things such as the extra 16gb of memory on the stream most of the components are the same...

The min tosh connected fine. so opened device manager on both machines, in the network adaptor part of both they had the realtech adaptor showing identically in both but the stream 7 had a abundant of wan mini pors showin so this may be the problem.

Both machines are carrying w8.1 with bing too..

bugs me too. with luch its a case of following the road on both machines eliminating the diferences on the stream...

will keep all informed.

HP Recommended

Give it a few days, windows will burp and then it won't work (as well) again. #beenthere

@Lemycu2 wrote:

im currently using my stream 7. ive had this issue for the past few day. im pretty tech savy and this has been a pain finding a work around just for the goal of getting the table to discover and connect to my wifi. after reading all these threads and going through the motions...the problem definitley isnt the router, the issue definitley isnt worth reseting your device. i worked around the issue by changing the adapter settings and after alot of trial and error these are the settings that have given me a stable enough connection:

Antenna Diversity, enabled

Bandwidth, 20_40Hz

Wake on Magic Packet, disabled

Wake on Pattern Match, disabled

WiFi Configure, WiFi

Wireless Mode, IEEE 802.11b/g

now the next issue, Bluetooth devices arnt receptive with Antenna diversity on,  And WiFi configure not set to Performance.I Purchased the device for the convience, but im finding that this is where it falls short. i love the idea. if this problem could be fix on these key issues this tablet would be amazing for what i paid for it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.