Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP ElitePad 1000 G2 model J5N62UT with BIOS version 01.31 and have been unable to update the BIOS to version 01.33 Rev.A (29 July 2015). 

Clean Windows boot, no other applications running and have followed all the HP update installation instructions.

- Do not disconnect power on the tablet by unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet.
- Do not shut down or suspend the tablet.
- Do not insert, remove, connect, or disconnect any device, cable, or cord.

When I try to apply the update by clicking on HP file sp71828.exe it extracts, starts the installation process, I accept the defaults and click next to update.

A Warning message is displayed stating this device has BIOS version 177.236

This utility will replace it with an older version 01.33

I verifed my BIOS is at ver L84 01.31 and System board  is 2157 40.23.

I click next it run the update and ends with an "update successful" and reboots.

When the system restarts it briefly displays a black screen with text starting with unable to determine power state.

Then starts to load Windows and is still on BIOS ver 01.31.

Yes, the AC adapter is plugged in and battery is charging.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Rich

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi!, SystemError:

Welcome, to Forum !.

Please, download and install the ultimate BIOS, for your device, from ... http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=6629139&swLangOid=35&swEnvOid=4158

Find, in BIOS (1)

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended

Yes, I did try 01.33 BIOS update for Windows 8.1 64bit which had the same result.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers

HP Recommended

Hi!, SystemError:

1) Charge, the battery, at 100%.

2) Try, with this file, for diagnostics ... http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6629139&swItemId=ob_146784_1&swEnvOid=415...

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended

I am also experiencing the same problem, i have spoken to tech support, sent the tablet to the repair center multple times and the tablet still will not update the bios, i have attached a picture of the errorElitepad 1000 g2 Bios update Error. I also have problems with the stylus, the HP execitve pen G2 stops responding in the middle of writing. The battery is fully charged.

HP Recommended

I tried a few more times to update the BIOS but all have failed.

I have not been happy with the HP tablet.

A frustrating experience...

HP Recommended

Same problem with my ElitePad 1000 G2 model HSTNN-C78C while updating from BIOS-Version 1.30 to 1.33.

I'm using Windows 10 64 bit on my Tablet.

I also tried the update to BIOS-Version 1.35.

Got exactly the same errors after the reboot ...

By the way: The link 2 from Maké for diagnostics does not work.

HP Recommended

Its been more than a year is there any way we can update our bios???

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've just updated my BIOS on my Elite 1000 G2 and having the exact issue. Did you ever manage to fix it, if so how?

It keeps throwing up the "Product Information not valid" page. I have tried everything that I possibly could find relating this issue but without success. My main problem is that it does not respond to the Esc, any F keys, Windows-B or Windows-V keys or even holding down the Vol-Down key. I've been around computers since DOS Ver.2 and was a maintenance engineer for 10 years so I'm not a total beginner. For all the issues I've sorted in the past I find this one the most frustrating of all, a simple BIOS update carried out according to HP's guidelines has rendered my work tablet dead. Any magical remedies anyone or should I wait for a Xmas miracle!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. 

HP Recommended

It seems HP has sweeped this under the carpet. From the looks of it people have been having this issue for a few years since the Elite 900 and no one seems to have a solution. :indifferent:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.