Question

Student
dontom
Message 1 of 2 (442 Views)

Weak Beats Audio sound from Pavilion X2 Laptop

[ Edited ]

I purchased a 11" Pavilion x2 Laptop/Tablet for Christmas and believe I am having trouble with the Beats Audio. The sound coming from the computer speakers is so weak as to be useless and all of the settings will not get the sound loud enough to hear unless you put your ear within 4-6 inches of the screen. However the sound from the earphones is great, loud and adjustable. I have performed all updates from Microsoft and HP and followed all troubleshooting steps suggested by HP Web Site. Any ideas or do I just need to return it.

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 2 of 2 (388 Views)

Re: Weak Beats Audio sound from Pavilion X2 Laptop

Hello dontom,

For not being able to hear very well from the 11" Pavilion x2, I would like to confirm the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. I have you completed all the steps in this document 'No Sound from Speakers (Windows 8)'? Are you using any special software, or just the volume icon in the system tray? Does it play the same level of audio for all programs and files? (ie. Netflix, YouTube, or music).

Please also let me know the full model number of your X2. I have included the document 'Guide to finding your product number'.

Thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation