Question

Honor Student
Paramount_Mktng
Message 1 of 3 (128 Views)

display driver stopped working

I have the HP Omni 10 5620 tablet running Windows 8.1.  Whenever I connect it to an external monitor thru HDMI (I have a micro HDMI to standard HDMI adapter cable), within minutes I get "Display Driver Stopped Working"  and it causes a flicker on my screen and sometimes within a minute my tablet gets the BSOD with various errors.

What can I do to alleviate this?  I need to be able to run the dual monitor system like this.

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 3 (98 Views)

Re: display driver stopped working

Hi @Paramount_Mktng, welcome to the HP Forums. I understand HDMI out is causing driver crashes, and BSODs. First try to recreate the issue after a clean boot. If it stops happening after that, then one of the items disabled was conflicting:
How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Make sure you have all of the latest updates available:
Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 8)

If it still persists, you can try troubleshooting outlined here:
Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 8)

Let me know how it turns out.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Paramount_Mktng
Message 3 of 3 (94 Views)

Re: display driver stopped working

I have actually tried all of the solutions you suggested with no resolution.

I called HP support and I am receiving a replacement tablet on Friday via FedEx.

Thanks for the info.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation