Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi there !

hp stream 7 tablet has just one micro usb port. is there any possibility that battery charging and use of peripheral devices (mouse and keyboard) can happen at same time?

after all, stream 7 has been touted as productivity tablet, so this issue is very important.

see this:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Universal-usb-OTG-Charger-HUB-cable-for-Tablet-PC-thinkpad-8-X98-M80t...

Can HP staff confirm that this will work for hp stream 7? waiting anxiously........

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

the usb port is called usb mini type B

if you get a otg cable you can use a hub and attach several devices including a keyboard, mouse, usb sticks etc

HP Recommended

there is a problem with this, while you are charging battery you will have to remove the peripherals.

I want to charge battery and use peripherals as well.

HP Recommended

you can use bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but there is only the one usb port and it can only do one or the other

that its a hardware limitation, tablets are not desktops

HP Recommended

sure there is limitation, but theres gotta be some around this nuisance problem, some innovation, something is out there surely!

check this out:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Universal-usb-OTG-Charger-HUB-cable-for-Tablet-PC-thinkpad-8-X98-M80t...

can someone confirm it works for hp stream 7?

HP Recommended

there is not way around the problem, so you need to be on battery for usb

like i said use a desktop for usb like that and share the resource for the tablet to use

HP Recommended

You can search the forum for more on this but from what I have read, a normal OTG adapter will put the micro USB port into host mode where it will not charge the tablet.  There are some devices available which will charge it at the same time such as the Plugable Pro8 docking station.

HP Recommended

When reading, prior to buying, (I had to allocate what funds I had to several devices for Christmas; myself needed to be the most economical and "scalable" if you will.---Anyway, I read that the Stream 7 IS a PC, that you can utilize bluetooth keyboard and, necessarily, wireless p's like mouse, printer, etc.

HP Recommended

thnx everyone for replies, one possibility is plugable docking station but it is definitely not cost effective, it costs more than the tablet itself, such a solution cannot be justified.

I am looking for solution from hp staff, unfortunately there is no reply from them on this issue,

I require answer from hp's own experts.

HP Recommended

@tab_user wrote:

thnx everyone for replies, one possibility is plugable docking station but it is definitely not cost effective, it costs more than the tablet itself, such a solution cannot be justified.

I am looking for solution from hp staff, unfortunately there is no reply from them on this issue,

I require answer from hp's own experts.

The website you link to clearly states the Stream 7 is compatible.  HP does not purchase every device ever made to test for compatibility!

Have you read through the product reviews?  There are comments from Stream 7 users...

If it doesn't work as expected, return it.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.