Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just got a hp stream 7 tablet, its my first tablet. is there a way to transfer photos taken on the tablet to my desktop computer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@acclic wrote:

I'm not sure I understand that. Maybe I should explain that I don't have a wireless account, only cable, so I can't much use the tablet unless I'm someplace like the library that has free wifi.

Ah, thanks.  You can review the linked thread in my first reply, purchase an OTG cable and a flash drive, and transfer files that way.  I've not done that but it should be simple.

Or, while you have a Wi-Fi connection, upload your photos to a free Cloud service such as Photobucket, Google Drive, etc., then download them onto your computer at home.

Last but not least, you *could* put the photos onto a SD card intalled in your tablet, then open the case, remove the card, plug the card into an adapter and then into a card reader on your computer, and copy them from the card to the computer.  That's very messy and you probably shouldn't be opening the case very often.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

If you enable Sharing on your desktop you should be able to Share a photo folder with other computers on your network.  It would be visible in File Explorer on the Stream under Network, and you can drag/drop files over to your desktop.

Or, do it this way.

Hope this helps.

_____
HP Recommended

I'm not sure I understand that. Maybe I should explain that I don't have a wireless account, only cable, so I can't much use the tablet unless I'm someplace like the library that has free wifi.

HP Recommended

@acclic wrote:

Ah, thanks.  You can review the linked thread in my first reply, purchase an OTG cable and a flash drive, and transfer files that way.  I've not done that but it should be simple.

Or, while you have a Wi-Fi connection, upload your photos to a free Cloud service such as Photobucket, Google Drive, etc., then download them onto your computer at home.

Last but not least, you *could* put the photos onto a SD card intalled in your tablet, then open the case, remove the card, plug the card into an adapter and then into a card reader on your computer, and copy them from the card to the computer.  That's very messy and you probably shouldn't be opening the case very often.

_____
HP Recommended

EDIT: Oops, sorry smkranz. you posted as I was writing this. :smileyembarrassed:

Acclic,  the advice smkranz gave you is correct. Perhaps I can explain further what he meant.

1. Cable providers also offer internet if you purchase that service too. If so you most likely also have a wireless router, then you have wifi at home. Now you can connect via Sharing without going to the Library.

IF you dont have internet at home...

2. The link smkranz gave you talks about using an OTG cable instead.

An OTG (On The Go) cable looks like a usb to micro usb cable but is a little different. It will allow you to connect the tablet to a PC so it can be recognized like an external drive, thus allowing you to copy the photos over to the PC.

3. If you have an OTG cable, you can also connect a USB Pendrive to the tablet. Copy the images over to the Pendrive, then you can connect the Pendrive to any PC and read or transfer the files over.

An advantage of the Pendrive is that now you have a extra backup of the files.

Hope it helps. :generic:

If you found this helpful, mark smkranz post above as solved and click the thumbs up button for mine.

HP Recommended

I have cable internet and do not have any wireless service, but I was hoping that there would be a cable I could use to attach the tablet to my computer and transfer the pics - however I don't see where a cable could be plugged in. But I will look into it, thanks for the explanation.

HP Recommended

thanks! I guess uploading them somewhere is the best option, I don't think there's anywhere to plug in a cord or a flash drive on the tablet. But uploading to photobucket should work fine!

HP Recommended

The charging port doubles as a micro USB 2.0 port on the end of the tablet.

That is where you would insert the OTG adapter cord.

The Micro SD card is under the removable back cover.

Image link

If you are the owner of the house, adding a cheap wireless router to your cable internet system will give you wifi and make things a lot easier.  If you are not, then you just have to do what you have to do. I understand.

HP Recommended

Thanks I'll try a pendrive, just as soon as I figure out what that is.  Ha-ha

HP Recommended

Pen Drives are those little USB devices that you can store files on, like this one. :Wink:

1-500x500.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.