Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Wow!!!  I can now confirm that HP Stream 8 can use a 512GB microSD card.  It actually sees 499 GB which I understand is normal.  The HP Stream 8 couldn't read the card until it formatted it.  I chose the default exFAT format and it came alive.  What am I going to do with 499 GB on a tablet?  I really don't know.  I only tried it because it was real cheap.  In fact it was cheaper than the 64 GB card I reported on earlier. 

I got the 512 microSD card, class 10, for $18.90 from AliExpress.com.  I was skeptical about this site because of the reviews I read, but tried it and received the card from China 33 days after ordering it. 

HP Recommended
Can u post the brand and model number of the 512 card? Can u read and write to the card? How is the speed and performance of the card?
HP Recommended

There are no Micro SD cards on the market that hit 256+ GB yet. The highest known as of Q2 2015 seems to be the 200 GB model just recently put out by Sandisk. That card comes with a MSRP of $400. Anything higher than 128 GB from any unverified source is most likely to be a case where the component hardware has been set up to trick the OS with fake signaling. Read and Write tests should confirm if you've been ripped off, with corruption preventing anything beyond the actual capacity being read. Unfortunately, even Amazon isn't immune to these cards showing up in its store.

On the other hand, the Stream 8 is mentioned in a few places as having Micro SDXC capability. Youtube seems to confirm it with up to 128 GB cards showing full utility. If it's not artificially capped, up to 2 TB Micro SDXC cards would be capable of being used with the tablet as soon as any actually exist. A 64 GB card seems to hit the sweet spot of not being more expensive than half the rest of your tablet, for the Stream 8. For now, if you want extreme capacity on the road, it will be at USB 2.0 speeds through a flash stick or external hard drive and USB On The Go adapter.

HP Recommended

That company is know for selling Fake flash memory (My statements are my own and not HP ).

You can Google that subject for yourself.

If you suspect you have been duped, TEST the SD card to see if it will actually hold the amount it claims or if the tests come up with errors.

4 Tools to Test and Detect Fake or Counterfeit USB Flash Drives • Raymond.CC

Sandisk's new 200GB microSD card brings massive storage in a tiny size  😉

HP Recommended

sandisk 200gb works on Stream 7 and  8 - specs

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.