Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (55 Views)

BLACK SCREEN ON BRAND NEW PAVILION 360 2 IN 1

I just received my new laptop today and I went through the procedures of setting it up and then all of a sudden the screen went black and I turned it on and off and there's nothing that I can do to show anything on the screen.
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (29 Views)

Re: BLACK SCREEN ON BRAND NEW PAVILION 360 2 IN 1

@Mamalox4

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have a new HP laptop and after going through the initial setup, the screen is blank. You have restarted the laptop and still, the screen is blank. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Did the laptop boot into Windows after the initial setup?
  • Was there an error message? 

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. If there is no latch at the bottom of the laptop to remove the battery out then leave the battery as it is.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the display continues to be blank then please perform a BIOS rollback

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to reply. All the best! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation