04-20-2017 02:47 PM
04-21-2017 03:55 PM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have a new HP laptop and after going through the initial setup, the screen is blank. You have restarted the laptop and still, the screen is blank. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.
I would like to know the following information to assist you better:
- The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
- Did the laptop boot into Windows after the initial setup?
- Was there an error message?
Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Power off the laptop.
- Remove the battery out. If there is no latch at the bottom of the laptop to remove the battery out then leave the battery as it is.
- Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
- Power ON the laptop.
If the display continues to be blank then please perform a BIOS rollback.
I hope this information helps. Please feel free to reply. All the best!
I work on behalf of HP
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!