Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
stream 7 5700na tablet
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi there, I wonder if someone can help me,

The first problem I encountered was after I let my tablet battery run down, so when I booted it up it came on with the message "Selected boot image did not authenticate. press <Enter to continue>"

After mucking about I decided to to go into  the startup menu and try from there.

F1 works,F2 works,F9 works but when you try to boot from there you get the "selected boot image message come up and you back to square 1.

I have tried usb stick with the recovery files on but when you go to boot from this you get the same old message "selected boot image did not authenticate. press <Enter to continue>"  come up.

The next step was to press F10 bios options to check in there, but this is where it gets strange, when you press it there is a white blinking dash at the top left for about a second then the dreaded message comes back "Selected boot image did not authenticate. press <Enter to continue>" so no bios options to play with.

I have updated the bios to the latest F.0F and that all went fine and is showing up in system information.

Product no is K6E49EA#ABU

Born on 04/30/2015

It was running win 10 factory fitted and has hardly been used.

Anyone have any ideas before I bin it??

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello, @ronnieboy - Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I see that you are having boot issues with your HP Stream 7 tablet. Do not worry, I’m here to help 🙂

Did you try the steps mentioned here: http://hp.care/2lMjH22

Make sure to try and refresh your tablet and then proceed to reset the tablet to its original system software.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

In the BIOS boot options menu, there is an option to "Clear All Secure Boot Keys".  Try that.

HP Recommended

Hi there

Thanks for replying

I have tried all the above, and I would love to get to the bios boot options but as I said I can't get into it for some reason as it says boot image won't authenticate.

HP Recommended

Okay, yes, I thought you may have been saying that you could not get into the BIOS setup menu but I was not completely sure.  In that case, let the battery run completely down again and it should say that it is resetting the CMOS when you plug it back in.  That has fixed many boot issues with the Stream tablets.  If you can run the F2 diagnostics continually during the discharge, that would hasten it.

HP Recommended

Just trying that again with OTG and keyboard plugged in, lets hope it works!

HP Recommended

Hi there

Just tried it 3 times, 

says checksum error, check bios settings after reboot but still cant get into bios setting from F10 menu.

Anyone got any more suggestions?

thanks for looking

HP Recommended

Did you let the the battery discharge completely so that you saw the CMOS reset message?

HP Recommended

yes I did 

HP Recommended

Okay, of the six Start Menu options, only the F1, F2 and F9 options work?  I have not heard of that issue before.  Since you have the keyboard attached, you might try holding down the Windows logo key along with the B key while powering up to reset the BIOS.  That works for the Stream notebooks but I am not sure about the tablets.

EDIT: Actually the BIOS reset for the tablets is holding down both the volume up and volume down buttons together while powering up so try that if you have not already.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.