Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP X2 DETACHABLE 10-p092ms
Other
Is HP X2 DETACHABLE 10-p092ms the same as the 10-p010nr model????
I bought a 10-p010nr model at Amazon and got the 10-p092ms. I contacted the seller and he said its the same because HP has different part numbers for the same product based on which channel/vendor they have the goods shipped to.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Vaps1

Banhien is right about the Wifi card and I also recommend keeping the ms model.

Here's a further explanation...

HP Notebook x2 - 10-p010nr

Wireless connectivity
Intel® 802.11ac (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo (Miracast compatible)

HP Notebook x2 - 10-p092ms

Wireless connectivity
802.11ac (2x2) and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo

The p092ms has a 2x2 AC wireless card which gives it  2 antenna for transmitting and 2 for recieving.

This allows for more spacial streaming and technically gives more throughput.

Here are some links that will better explain this than I can...

What is the difference between non-intel 1x1 bgn, 2x2 bgn

thinkpad - Laptop wireless networking options: 1x1 vs 2x2 

What's the diff between 1x1, 2x2 - HP Support Forum - 792575

This seems to be the only difference between the two models.

Despite the description above, both models do support Miracast for wireless monitor connecting.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Vaps1 wrote:
... I contacted the seller and he said its the same because HP has different part numbers for the same product based on which channel/vendor they have the goods shipped to.

Hi,

That may be true with some cases but in this case, it is not true please check line by line:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-x2-10-p000-Notebook-PC/12499232/model/13443302/document/c0530...

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05348748

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
I can't seem to find the difference.
HP Recommended

@Vaps1 wrote:
I can't seem to find the difference.

Hi,

One thing I can say: the wireless card, may be more but for the wireless card specs, the ms machine is better.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Vaps1

Banhien is right about the Wifi card and I also recommend keeping the ms model.

Here's a further explanation...

HP Notebook x2 - 10-p010nr

Wireless connectivity
Intel® 802.11ac (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo (Miracast compatible)

HP Notebook x2 - 10-p092ms

Wireless connectivity
802.11ac (2x2) and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo

The p092ms has a 2x2 AC wireless card which gives it  2 antenna for transmitting and 2 for recieving.

This allows for more spacial streaming and technically gives more throughput.

Here are some links that will better explain this than I can...

What is the difference between non-intel 1x1 bgn, 2x2 bgn

thinkpad - Laptop wireless networking options: 1x1 vs 2x2 

What's the diff between 1x1, 2x2 - HP Support Forum - 792575

This seems to be the only difference between the two models.

Despite the description above, both models do support Miracast for wireless monitor connecting.

Good luck.

HP Recommended
Alright. Thanks!!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.