Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ok, thank you very very much! 

I will update you when I finish 😄

HP Recommended

The tablet is starting up again with Windows 8.1 with Bing! I'm so glad 🙂

Thanks a lot again!

HP Recommended

I'm glad that worked for you as well.

HP Recommended

A tablet is not the best idea for testing a preview version of Windows. I use Hyper-V on a desktop repurposed as a server which makes it easier to work with new products.

The problem you have, you did not make a recovery USB stick or DVD for your machine so there is nothing to roll back to.

if the stick will not boot, it may be corrupt

HP Recommended

Thanks for the rescue steps, I made all (but in my case restore option available was only for Windows 10) but I got stucked amazingly in the last TPM Keys blue box question because I have no USB keyboard or mouse. I purchased a tablet keyboard (microusb) and a USB-microusb adapted mouse without success so far :'( Should I purchase a regular USB keyboard? 

HP Recommended

Yes, you will need to have just a regular USB mouse and keyboard, even with just the keyboard you'll be fine. Borrow one from another computer or from your friends, it isn't really necessary to buy one.

It is recommended that you reconfigure the TPM, otherwise if you don't, this could cause errors for softwares that rely on the TPM chip for security (such as BitLocker).

HP Recommended

it worked with the third usb keyboard borrowed. thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Well, all worked fine until tho operating system option. There the only OS to roll back to is windows 10.. am I doing something wrong? Also I did not see any "recovery" option in boot from efi file step. Should it say recovery literary or should sya the usb stick name?..  could I just identify the usb that I need.

I will try again with another USB stick..maibe this one is "special".

Please advise.

HP Recommended

Assuming you have made a copy of the recovery partition, the USB will be labeled Recovery. If not, it will show whatever volume name it has. Remember that UEFI boot requires a FAT32 FS, and yes, you will be able to tell whether the drive is internal or USB, it will say there in the directory path just underneathe the volume name (eg. Drive from USB will contain /USB path).

HP Recommended
@fotogruia in my case the os shown was also windows 10 and as I wrote it worked fine. Good luck!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.