Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I got a new HP Stream 7 and it was able to detect and connect to my home wifi network for the first 2 days. However, on the third day, the device was suddenly unable to detect my home wifi network. It can still detect neighbouring wifi network connections and other connections that are distances away. I tried to set up a manual wifi connection, even selecting the option of connecting even if the wifi name doesn't show up. I'm sure the problem doesn't lie with my wifi router as other devices such as my laptop and smartphone can still connect smoothly. I also went about resetting the tablet to factory mode several times but the problem still remains. Can anyone advise on this?

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

I am not sure what the problem could be if you restored the tablet back to factory configuration.  You tried restarting your router?  The router is using 2.4 Ghz, not 5 Ghz?

HP Recommended

Just had this problem too.

Change you modems wifi channel so that it's on a channel between 1 and 11.  The Stream tablets don't see channels 12 and 13 for some reason.

HP Recommended

Tanks to you, this solution actually worked for me.

But I feel i will regret this tablet anyway...

HP Recommended

i see that hp stream 7 doesnt recongise 12-13 signal on wifi  but if i dont have that i cant connect on my other tablets and computer please can yiou help

HP Recommended

Hello Catwoman13,

Not sure what you mean.

Any PC thats runnning 2.4 GHz and can pick up 12-13 can also pick up 1-11.

Have you gone into the router settings and changed the channel to output to one of the lower channels?

If so and the other PC's are not connecting, you can try clearing out the current password on the other PC's and try reconnecting again...

• Make sure SSID in the router is on so its signal can be easily seen.
  • Next, clear your old wifi profile in the computer.
  • Now check for new connections to see your network availability.
  • Choose your network and re-enter the password.

Does this help?

HP Recommended
Hi Photoray002,

The tablet cannot pick up 12-13. I've tried multiple routers, reset the wireless connection on the tablet and have reset the winsock and TCP/IP stacks. Other devices connect fine on the higher channels. The HP Stream doesn't. Given that wifi isn't allowed on channels 12 and higher in some countries (although only 14 isn't in Australia but 12-13 are) I'm guessing that the channels connectability has been nerfed so the tablet isn't communicating on what could potentially be a channel that it isn't supposed to communicate on in some countries.
HP Recommended

solved wifi problem reinstalled windows did reset windows but cant login on micsoft account says certifacates missing im disable  not very good at explaine ive tred reinstalling windows several times help please

HP Recommended

mattyman,

Yes I realize that the stream wont pick up 12 and 13. Thats not what I was talking about in my previous post.

I was reffering to the other tablets that Catwoman claims will "ONLY" work on 12-13.

Those tablets will also work on 1 - 11. So the poster should be able to reset the router to a lower number so all devices will work on 2.4 GHz.

HP Recommended

Catwoman,

What country are you in and where did you purchase the tablet from?

Are you saying the Stream 7 tablet is working on channel 12-13 now?

If so, when you reinstalled Windows, did  you choose a different country than United States for the region. This would explain why it works on the other 2 channels. The region may have been set to USA originally.

Have you tried to setup a NEW account to sign in with at the time during the reinstall?

I realize its not your account you want to sync with, but see if it will accept a new account.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.