Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 15 laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My daughter told me  the touchscreen stopped working on the HP Pavilion 15. I am out of warranty. I have tried all the HP support  page..... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03488148  and selected the "Screen does not respond to touch or  responds intermittently" I tried the hard reset, the full shutdown,the enable the touch screen in device manager, the reinstall driver in device manager,  basically I tried all except the HP system recovery....

Does anyone have a suggestion? it has not been dropped or nothing spilled on it. The screen is in perfect condition no cracks..... 

any suggestions would be appreciated  thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Howie311,

You didn't mention the full model number so I cannot lookup drivers to see whats available.

I can see if there is one if you post that info.

Did this happen recently after one of the big MS updates?

Several people have had this issue after the roll out.

Looks like you have done about all you could do so far.

Most of the touchscreen laptops from the past few years utilize Microsoft's generic built in touch screen drivers now.

If doing a Factory Reset fixes the issue, then it would lead us to believe it was a Microsoft update issue.

HP Recommended

@Photoray002  

I believe the full number is J9H81UA#ABA 

Model is HP Pavilion 15 notebook PC

System ID 227E

If that's not correct please instruct me where I can locate the info...Thanks

HP Recommended

OK Thanks.

Here are the drivers listed for your HP 15-p157cl.

HP Software and Driver Downloads

There are no touch screen drivers listed, so it is relying on the built in drivers from Windows.

If your system is fully updated and the screen is not responding, you may have to do the factory reset after all.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.