Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Active Pen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, is HP Active Pen connection via bluetooth. The Manual is pretty brief, I do I pair it with my tablet. Try to do a bluetooth search on my tablet, cannot find it. There is only button on the pen. Tried press the button and also long press it. Still cannot pair the pen. Am I doing the right procedure?

Can someone help?

Thanks,

Regards,

Sam

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello,

As far as pairing an Active Pen goes, it does not pair with Bluetooth.

Did you read this manual? hp-executive-tablet-pen-whitepaper.pdf

The battery must be good.

To activate the pen, press the tip of the pen against the screen. To save power, the pen will automatically deactivate if the tip has no pressure for one minute. If the pen has not been used within the last minute, be sure to press the tip against the screen before you use the pen.

Also, which Tablet are you using it with?

HP Recommended

iI am getting no feedback.  This service sucks

HP Recommended

I am using it with my brand new Spectrum 360 HP laptop.  The Active pen does nothing'

HP Recommended
I am having a problem where my pen will pair with my new hp laptop but when I press the a button on the back it disconnects
HP Recommended

Jakobqasadilla

Is this the X360 laptop and HP active pen? I dont know what you mean by button on the back. The HP pen has either one or two buttons on the side towards the tip that do not turn off the pen.

If this is the case and the battery is good, then I would return the pen for an exchange.

HP Recommended
Hi there guys just got my elitebook X360 today and the pen seems to not work with the computer. The blue light has come on and flashed and nothing. Later I truer again I had a red light. Also when I went to load. Artery in to start the spring fell out of pen before I can place battery in the pen is this meant to happen?
HP Recommended
Sorry guys when I first open to place the battery in the pen the spring fell out. It is back in the pen and the pen seems to work as I got the blue flashing light but did work with the computer and later I tried again and got a red light. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or is the pen broken with the spring loose.
HP Recommended

Hello Debster2

I dont think you should have a loose spring or anything else falling out of the pen other than the battery.

Yes I would return  it.

HP Recommended

thanks i did return. Even though the pens light work the pen itself was not conecting to the screen. Soon as i got the new pen it was and instant connection. thanks again

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.