Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a 13-g110dx HP Split X2.  It originally had Win8 installed and has been updated to Win8.1.  Since this update the physical keyboard has stopped working including USB , mouse, HDMI and battery.  I restored it to put-of-the box configuration of Win8 and everything worked until Windows Updates were installed, then the problems reoccured within Win8.  The tablet is currently running Win8.1 again.  I have gotten the touchpad mouse to work by reinstalling the driver sp63752 but have had no luck with any other devices.  What can I do to get everything working again?

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Hi imaginary_engr, welcome to the HP Forums. I understand you are losing some hardware functionality after updating to Windows 8.1, and after a restore it is happening in 8.0.

First question, is whether or not there are any errors or unknown devices listed in Device Manager:
Device Manager Information for Windows 8

After the update did you try all of the Windows 8.1 Intel updates under "Driver - Chipset(3)" here?
HP Split 13-g110dx x2 PC Drivers

Just to be certain: Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 😎

Let me know how it turns out.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I have worked my way thru the "Driver - Chipset(3)", that is where I have found the old drivers that work for keyboard, mouse, and USB ports.  I have also run the UEFI test and the keyboard tests correctly.  The secondary battery (I assume it should be in keyboard dock) is not found.

Typical process to get the keyboard to work:

1. Boot laptop, log in with virtual keyboard.

2. Launch Device Manager and uninstall keyboard.

3. Restart (Settings, Power, Restart)

4. Log in using virtual keyboard.

5. Disconnect the physical keyboard from the tablet.

6. Launch the file "sp63615.exe" and re-install all components.

7. Launch the file "sp63620.exe" and re-install all componenets.

8. Shut down the laptop. (Settings, Power, Shutdown)

9. Re-connect the physical keyboard to the tablet.

10. Boot the laptop, log in with physical keyboard if it works, or use the virtual keyboard.

11. If physical keyboard fails, restart laptop.  (Settings, Power, Restart)

At this point, 75% of time it will work.  If not I re-start the sequence. 

The frustrating part is once the physical keyboard begins working it is only for the current login session.  Once the laptop hybernates, close the lid, shutdown, or restarted it is back to Step 1 with only a virtual keyboard.  I am in need a permamant fix.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my PH Splitx2 tablet.  The keyboard and mouse are unresponsive. My tablet is only 8 months old and it was working perfectly until a couple of weeks ago when initially the keyboard started to become unresonsive and I had to hit ech key several times before it would register,  Now it will not work at all and neither does the mouse.  It makes the computer virtually useless for a lot of work I do and is extremely frustrating.

Help,,, 

HP Recommended

yginc,

My condolences, sounds like we are working thru the same issue.  Functionality has improved but is not completely resolved.  

This past week I ran Windows Update again and installed all required and important updates but didn't notice any improvement.  Then I ran the pre-installed HP Support program and forced it to check and update firmware and drivers.  There were multiple reboots and I think a "Dock Flash? [Y] , [N]" prompt came up in a blue screen CMD prompt format during the last boot.  Now the keyboard and mouse work most of the time.  For the couple instances when there is no response from the  keyboard when booting, I immediatly launch "Device Manager" and drill into the keyboard, then long-tough (right click)  "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" and select "Uninstall".  Windows will then prompt for a reboot and it reloads the driver correctly resulting in functional keyboard/mouse for the tablet.  No more hunting for which driver update to apply.

Unfortunately I am still fighting the other peripheral devices and hope to have time next weekend to troubleshoot further.  I still cannot use the USB-A ports or the SD card reader on the dock.  Also, the dock plug-in for the battery is working again but the only functioning battery listed is the tablet so I'm limited to 5-6hr of use instead of the 10-12hr that it used to have with the second battery in the dock.  

If I cannot get it figured out in the next month I think I will bring it back to Best Buy and try to get a replacement on warranty since the support on this forum has been poor.

Guess we are in this together.  Let me know how your progress.

btw, if you have a bluetooth keyboard/mouse from an old desktop it should pair with the tablet and remove some of the frustration.

HP Recommended

Imaginary

Thank you for your helpful response.

I have not been able to right click into the Device Manager as the is keyboard mouse will not work at all so there is no arrow icon...

but will keep trying, and follow your instructions re: uninstalling and re-installing the keyboard driver.

I havent tried using my USB port but suspect I will have the same issue that you are struggling with.

I will post my progress once I can manage to reinstall the driver. (Are you  still having to do this each time you reboot?)

HP Recommended

yginc

You should be able to swipe the right side of the screen to bring up the WIn8 menu, select "Search" and type in Device Manager using the on-screen keyboard.  Next tap the arrow (>) next to "Keyboard" to expand the list.  For right-click activity on the touchscreen use a long touch, holding to the screen several seconds until a popup window comes up with the menu.  Then tap "Uninstall"

I use the computer daily and have only had to uninstall the keyboard twice since applying Windows and HP firmware updates I descriped in my reply yesterday.  Both times were after Windows updates automatically ran, but the keyboard worked after a shutdown-restart.  Before this latest fix I had to go thru the steps in my original post multiple times a day.   

HP Recommended

Imaginary:

Thanks again! I did get to the device manager but the list kept flashing on and off - with no response when I highlighted and tried to enter the "keyboard" -

so I gave up last night and shut off the computer.

Lo and behold this morning when I booted up EVERYTHING WORKED NORMALLY! Keyobard response: check... mouse: check... device manager: intact...

I am not sure if there was an update that occurred when I shut down, but suspect that it may have updated and corrected itself?

Thank you again for your VERY helpful responses (I now can maneuvre around better on the touch xcreen thanks to your tips)

Hopefully this latest 'fix' will last.

HP Recommended

Occasionally I got the flashing device manager list and found physically disconnecting the keyboard fixed it.  Have you been able to test USB, SD, or battery on the keyboard?  

HP Recommended

The USB and SD are working perfectly.

I am not sure about the keyboard battery - could it have recharged while plugged in overnight?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.