Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My spectre battery dies quickly, the track pad doesnt always work and wont click or highlight sometimes i also have problems with some of the buttons clicking,when ever i go into full screen the taskbar still shows and the screen is cracked, and the computer freezes so i cant access apps usually for 15-30 sec. How can I fix the taskbar problem and is it possible to get a repair for the screen and track pad. I still have  2 months warranty. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @martinwinn

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing multiple issues on your computer. Happy to help.

Have you run an extensive test on your computer? Refer to this article for assistance.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant on your computer to make sure all the drivers and BIOS is updated. Also, check for Windows updates and make sure all the updates are installed.

Once all the drivers are updated, run a battery test on the computer using HP Support Assistant. If the test fails, please replace the battery or contact our phone support for the service options available for your computer. 

If the battery test passes, recommend you to check the power options and calibrate the battery. Refer to this article for assistance.

For the taskbar, recommend you to check the taskbar properties by doing a right-click on the taskbar. 

May I know which application are you using under full-screen?

Have you tried the auto-hide option for the taskbar, it is available in the taskbar properties, give it a try and let me know if it helped

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, and thank you for responding I tried the battery test and it said "discharging" and that the battery was unknown.
Lately, my PC has been overheating and shutting itself down on top of that the PC is running a lot slower. This isn't the first time this has happened with the PC overheating and it running slow. My laptop is up to date on updates. The sites where I go full screen and the taskbar won't hide is youtube and Gogoanime. I have tried shutting down my PC, defragging it and erasing everything on it. I don't understand why it is doing this. The trackpad won't even highlight or drag now and sometimes it doesn't click. This laptop cost over 1000 dollars. I tried to hide in windows mode but because my computer won't changes out of tablet mode it doesn't work. I contacted a person from HP on the phone regarding my problem and he said I would have to pay because my screen was cracked. He said the cracked screen was not covered by the warranty and I would have to pay over 400 dollars. The laptop cost is a little over 1000 why do I have to pay almost half the price to get it repaired?I open my backpack to get my laptop and when I opened it there was cracks. The laptop was in the sleeve that comes with the laptop.Now the touch screen doesn't work. I haven't been with HP for long but I am dissatisfied with the product. Something that cost this much should be made to work properly.

Thank you for trying to help me and sorry if I seem aggressive.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply @martinwinn,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.