Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Ah....so you're keyboard and mousing it then....good deal...thank you.
HP Recommended

I just did a fresh install of the new Ubuntu MATE 16.04 LTS on my Stream 7 and it installed well without hanging like 15.04 does.  The touchscreen and battery indicator work out of the box.  It looks good so far, I will update the installation instructions.

HP Recommended

Thank you for this article. I helped me to install Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS with success on my HP Stream 7 (but without any sound and bluetooth).

That being said, when you rotate the screen, the xrandr -o right (as an example) has a permanent effect but not the xinput set-prop 'Goodix Capacitive TouchScreen' 'Coordinate Transformation Matrix' 0 1 0 -1 0 1 0 0 1 that manages the touchscreen.

As a result, based on a suggestion that a French guy gave me online, I suggest you to insert the xinput commande in a bash script that you will automatically start from the Control Panel / Personal / Startup Applications Preferences / Startup Program tab.

Christophe.

HP Recommended

For anyone following this thread, I just updated the installation instructions with a new Ubuntu Bay Trail project site with ISO files available containing the 32-bit bootloader and RTL8723BS Wifi driver.

The Fedlet site is also now dormant and the ISO files are no longer available.

HP Recommended

i downloaded ubuntu 16.10 MATE  Bay Trail  and can't boot on my device

HP Recommended

Happy to come across this topic. My HP Stream 7 just updated to Windows 10 and the OS failed due to boot issues, requiring an OS reformat... which Microsoft and HP are asking money for on a tablet I got for $50.

Hoping, this is pretty simple since I have testicular cancer and I am wonky as hell atm lol. 

HP Recommended

Hi, if you want to stay on Windows 10, you can do a fresh installation.  It does require that Windows 10 ran long enough after the upgrade to activate with Microsoft.  There is a guide here.

HP Recommended

That would be great news actually. It ran on Windows 10 for at least 6 months before the crash.  I'll give your suggestion a try, but I think I deleted the recovery portion. :Crying: 

Sorry for the delay in my reply, the treatments are kicking my butt. :indifferent:

HP Recommended

The recovery partition is not required since you would be downloading the Windows 10 installation image from Microsoft and installing that.

HP Recommended

After owning my Stream 7 for over two and a half years, I finally got audio working on Linux. I updated the instructions on the first page.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.