Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Well the newer version of Extreme are now 95mb read speed and 90mb write. But the Ultra Plus is 80mb read and write is like 40mb I heard so it is slower on the write speed for the cheaper one. I just want to make sure the Extreme is worth the price as far as I know I can get at Amazon.com a Ultra Plus for $41 and extreme for $68. I do want a 128gb for the notebook also.

HP Recommended

OK, something to think about in the mean time.

More often than not, you're going to be writing lots of small files rather than really big ones.

For that, the 4K speed is more important than the Sequential.

Take a look at benchmark examples on the web. Even expensive USB 3 drives slow down to practically USB 2 speeds on the 4K results. They are not writing  90 MB/s, more like 5 to 10.

So IMHO, no its not worth the extra cost, especially when you would be using the laptop while writing files to the card anyway.

But hey, if the extra $27 is no big deal, then absolutely get the extreme.  :Wink:

HP Recommended

Well I am not just going to be using it for loading files. I will be putting games like WoW there since I know that the processor and IGP can do it at low settings. I just wanted to know is the Extreme will make a difference on WoW since the read and write is faster.  I played WoW on a Ultra Plus before on this notebook and it was slower than a normal 5400 RPM HDD. So I thought would using Extreme will make a difference on this notebook. I played this game on a notebook that had a 500GB 5400 RPM with also 2GB ram and similar specs and runs well so I know it's the SD card being slow. Also on YouTube people said if you want to game on SD card need to get a fast one.

I just need to know that will this Stream 11 notebook read and write that the Extreme can do.

HP Recommended

Got ya on installing games on it.

If you do get the Extreme, do come back and post your findings.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I have actually done this few months ago but I put a 128gb Ultra Plus on my tablet and used my bluetooth keyboard and a OTG cable to connect my wireless mouse and ran WoW on it. It was little laggy but it ran. Then I saw someone else on YouTube playing WoW on the Stream  7 also so it does run. But you have to ignore the part where it says you need 2GB ram to install when using Battle.net. I will say the message about you needing 2GB but just click continue and it will download and install.

That's the main reason why I thought using the Extreme will run better on the Stream 7 also since the read and write speed is faster but I guess it won't make any diffference looks like so I guess just have to use the Ultra Plus.  I bet if this tablet had a normal 5400 RPM HDD it would run much better.

Also you have to realize that the Stream 11 notebook processor is very similar to the Intel Atom used in the Stream 7 since both use same tech and use same IGP and the video card has same features as other Intel Graphics HD (Bay Trail).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.