Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I just bought a HP Stream 7 Tablet with 1 GB RAM.  I tried to install a couple of apps that required 2 GB RAM.  Can I insert a MicroSD card and use ReadyBoost to add more RAM to the tablet?  If so, is there any specs I should take into consideration when buying the MicroSD card?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

readyboost cannot nore was never intended to increase system memory. It is to increase loading speeds. Since your entire drive is solid state, readyboost would do nothing. 

There is no way around something that refuses to work without more then 1gb ram unfortunatly. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

readyboost cannot nore was never intended to increase system memory. It is to increase loading speeds. Since your entire drive is solid state, readyboost would do nothing. 

There is no way around something that refuses to work without more then 1gb ram unfortunatly. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunaterly you can't upgrade RAM because "1 GB RAM memory, integrated onto system board" means soldered to the motherboard. Readyboost is not RAM.

More info:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04495010.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, as some of the others have said, you cannot upgrade your RAM.

My advice is for documents, store them on a flash drive.

Please click “Accept as Solution" if I solve your Problem
HP Recommended

I know this is an old one and probably unlikely, but ha anybody attempted to place an upgraded RAM module inside this tablet (somehow?!) I love my Stream 7 but 1GB just doesn't cut it, whatever version of Windows is running on it (I upgraded 8.1 to 10) and makes the tablet a chore to use unless doing the most basic things.

Is it just a standard SODIMM module soldered onto the board inside? Is it accessible?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.