Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Stream ax-0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My Laptop is showing a plugged in, not charging sign and over the past few days, despite being left to charge multiple times on and off, it has gone down to 18% battery. I don't know what to do and when the battery gets to 0% it will be unusable.

it is not the charger as i have tried to charge the laptop with multiple different charges and they all do the same thing. I have also tried to t and completely reset my laptop which did not help either.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, the procedure you have followed is termed as battery calibration and I am glad that it resolved the issue. if you go though HPSA diagnostics and the article I recommended has the procedure. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Olivia133,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I see you are facing an issue with your computer giving an error, plugged in not charging. Happy to help. 

Have you tried to run diagnostics on the computer?

Have you used the troubleshooter from the control panel?

Recommend you to update BIOS and other drivers on the computer using HP Support Assistant. Click here to know more. 

Run a battery test on the computer using HPSA.

If the test pass and the issue persists after updating BIOS. Request you to open device manager by doing a right-click on the Windows button.

Delete the battery controllers in the device manager. Restart the computer couple times and observe.

This should resolve the issue you are facing. Refer to this article for assistance.

Let me know how it goes. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
After watching a video on YouTube I let the battery drain completely then when I charged it I found that there was no lonfer an issue. It is now charging as usual.

Thank you for your advice though.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, the procedure you have followed is termed as battery calibration and I am glad that it resolved the issue. if you go though HPSA diagnostics and the article I recommended has the procedure. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I wanted to say thank you to forum members.  I am using a stream laptop.  I had a message saying that the charger was plugged in but not charging.

This has been resolved after following advice from the forum.

Advice being to check the Bios update on the HP assistant.  I looked in the update settings on the assistant and the bios did need updating.  After updating and restarting following instructions - the battery is now charging again.  Many thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.