Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just an update on my Pro Tablet 608.  I still hadn;t heard anything from HP so I called their compliants line and my complaint was escalated to a manager who called me back a day or so later.  He assured me I'd get a call from a service agent to replace my tablet.  It still hasn;t worked a month after I logged the inital case.  Anyway, no further calls or emails HP.

So I have just penned my compliants letter which I'll send off today to their offices in Sydney.  I'm no longer going to settle for a replacment and have demnaded a full refund.

It's pretty poor form to have simply ignored my case I logged back at the start of April.

HP Recommended

If you purchased it directly from HP, by this point, looking for a consumer rights/product lemon law attorney would be quite helpful. They tend to get paid directly by the company, separately from your settlement, just like lemon law car cases. Undoubtedly, just having a lawyer contact HP will get a rapid response.

If you purchased from a retailer, you should have requested an exchange or refund already. An alternative is to purchase a new tablet from a retailer such as Staples or Provantage, put the defective unit in the box, then immediately request a refund for it. The retailer will not 'eat' the cost since they will return it to HP for a swap or a refund. In the end, HP is back in possession of their piece of garbage.

HP Recommended

The most likely location of Sidney is in New South Wales Australia.  Or it might be in Nova Scotia Canada.  In either case the consumer protection laws are not the same as the ones in the US.

HP Recommended

Its amazing, sad, and infuriating the HP hasn't come up with a fix yet.  Mind you, I haven't bothered to phone support -- I should.

HP Recommended

yikes, can't beleive this issue still is not fixed. I've had my Surface 3 for awhile now and it has been workng great. I wish it was an 8 inch tablet but at least it works unlike the two 608's I had.

HP Recommended

I'm located in New South Wales and HP's offices are in Rhodes in Sydney. We have protection from the ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission). Overall, the ACCC is pretty useless but they did ping HP a couple of years ago for breach of a Consumer legislation. HP have since been really clear about consumers' rights in Australia and HP's obligations by displaying pop-ups on their website, included slips in their products, etc.

I did buy the tablet directly from the HP.com.au store.

I logged into the HP Support Center and checked the case manager and there had been an update although it appears to have been a total balls-up. They apparently emailed some lady from the Australian Capital Territory government advising her they would be sending a new tablet her way and it should be arriving by the 5th of May. How they mixed this email up is beyond me, but anyway, no tablet arrived at my house which is the only address I have for my profile. They never called me to ask the address. So, I'm guessing some random lady has just had a shiny new Pro Tablet 608 delivered to her work in Canberra and she has no idea why.

Absolutely breath-takingly incompetent.

HP Recommended

bump

HP Recommended

I'm wondering whether HP even reads its own forum...

HP Recommended
They do not. You need to contact tech support,
HP Recommended

@Plettza wrote:

I'm located in New South Wales and HP's offices are in Rhodes in Sydney. We have protection from the ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission). Overall, the ACCC is pretty useless but they did ping HP a couple of years ago for breach of a Consumer legislation. HP have since been really clear about consumers' rights in Australia and HP's obligations by displaying pop-ups on their website, included slips in their products, etc.

I did buy the tablet directly from the HP.com.au store.

I logged into the HP Support Center and checked the case manager and there had been an update although it appears to have been a total balls-up. They apparently emailed some lady from the Australian Capital Territory government advising her they would be sending a new tablet her way and it should be arriving by the 5th of May. How they mixed this email up is beyond me, but anyway, no tablet arrived at my house which is the only address I have for my profile. They never called me to ask the address. So, I'm guessing some random lady has just had a shiny new Pro Tablet 608 delivered to her work in Canberra and she has no idea why.

Absolutely breath-takingly incompetent.

Hi mate,

wonder if you got your tablet replaced or your refund?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.