Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Still no replacement, refund or even a phone call from HP. I wrote a letter to their complaints department the other week but didn't get a call or anything so yesterday I lodged a complaint with our Fair Trading offices in New South Wales. I don't know what else I can do.
HP Recommended

Very strange, I got my HP Stream 7 replaced sometime ago. What I did is to ask to talk to a case manager, he was actually calling constantly until the unit was replaced.

Good luck, call cs and ask for a supervisor

HP Recommended

Really seems like they are not going to fix this issue. HP probably considers it a dead product by now.

HP Recommended

@Swanlee wrote:

Really seems like they are not going to fix this issue. HP probably considers it a dead product by now.

Hi,

I got one and it works pretty well with 8.1, just waiting for the pen. Did yours have problems with 8.1 as well?

H

HP Recommended

I got a phone call last Thursday from HP's logistic supplier who advised HP have sent them the wrong receiver details last time and so the tablet went elesewhere.  They called me to get the correct details for delivery of a new unit. It didn't arrive Friday so hopefully tomorrow it'll turn up. I asked them how I go about sending the faulty one back. The company said they weren't instructed to pick it up so I'll just send it back myself. HP can look at it and see if it's fault that may be prevalent amongst this model.

HP Recommended
Now that I remember, They screwed up the pick up delivery as I advised that I was going on leave so they need to come at an specific time but no one came so I rescheduled for when I was going to be back and they delivered while I was on holidays...
I ended up with the brick and the new one. In both occasions I was ensured that the courier will be on time. So I believe you will get the replacement, try to get the tracking number so you can chase the courier as well.
HP Recommended

The replacement tablet arrived yesterday afternoon and was on my desk this morning.  I have gone through the OOBE and at the Windows 10 desktop.  I noted the BIOS is the 1.06 version and the touch screen response is working correctly.  It is somewhat snappy and responsive.

The tablet is not a new one, but appears to be refurbished.  I am charging the tablet now.

I get this weird message on the top left of  the BIOS boot screen: Manufacturing programming mode in unlock mode.

HP Recommended

You can upgrade the BIOS to 1.07 safely, but no further: HP keeps pushing BIOS updates that kill the touchscreen responsiveness after 1.07.

HP Recommended

@Plettza wrote:

The replacement tablet arrived yesterday afternoon and was on my desk this morning.  I have gone through the OOBE and at the Windows 10 desktop.  I noted the BIOS is the 1.06 version and the touch screen response is working correctly.  It is somewhat snappy and responsive.

The tablet is not a new one, but appears to be refurbished.  I am charging the tablet now.

I get this weird message on the top left of  the BIOS boot screen: Manufacturing programming mode in unlock mode.

That sounds good, a couple of questions, do the physical buttons work? windows button, power and volume and down?

and also do you have the pen?

HP Recommended

@parasystole wrote:

You can upgrade the BIOS to 1.07 safely, but no further: HP keeps pushing BIOS updates that kill the touchscreen responsiveness after 1.07.

Thanks for the response, my only concern will be that if is there something funny with that version I wont be able to rollback, do you have the pen?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.