Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

1.07 works fine, and it adds a needed onscreen keyboard at the BIOS level.

I do have the pen

HP Recommended

@parasystole wrote:

1.07 works fine, and it adds a needed onscreen keyboard at the BIOS level.

I do have the pen

Great. the buttons on my pen don't work properly, one should delete and the other one select but both only select.

Thanks again for your response

HP Recommended

I do have the Active Pen but haven;t tried it as yet.  Yes, all the button work - the Windows button vibrates (albeit ever so softly), the volume up/down rocker works as does the power button.

I updated the BIOS to v1.07A this morning and operation of touchscreen is still OK.

HP Recommended

So I got onto support who asked me to run the BCU, modify the text file and set the options for the Manufacturing Program Mode to Lock.  So that works.

Back to the touch screen.  Has anyone updated the BIOS straight from 1.07 to 1.10A and have it work or have people just gone through 1.08 --> 1.09 --> 1.10?  The reason I ask is the SoftPaq manager advises the Atmel firmware is Critical and the BIOS versin 1.10 is recommended.  Or sholuld I just kleave my tablet the way it is?  I find I have sleep issue.  The screen switches off after the set time but the machine remains running and doesn't go to sleep.  In my bag, I take it out and it's really warm.

HP Recommended

That sounds good, a couple of questions, do the physical buttons work? windows button, power and volume and down?

and also do you have the pen?

I have tried the pen and it works fine when using handwriting but trying to tap Windows controls like scroll bars, it doesn't respond on the first tap.  I'm just loading Plumbago and will see how that works.

HP Recommended

I have the pen also but it doesn't work very well.

Pen is detected but I can't really write or select something.

There is a kind of lag.

I have BIOS 1.07. So everything else is ok.

I'm waiting for a new BIOS too.

HP Recommended

@combeynot wrote:

I have the pen also but it doesn't work very well.

Pen is detected but I can't really write or select something.

There is a kind of lag.

I have BIOS 1.07. So everything else is ok.

I'm waiting for a new BIOS too.

The pen has a trick, in order to use it you jave to either touch the screen or press one of the buttons, after that it works. It's not as good as the Surface 3 but it's ok. I don't like the fact that the buttons don't work as expected

HP Recommended
That's actually not the sleep issue. The issue supposedly fixed via updates is the unit's screen becomes unresponsive to touch after being asleep for an extended period of time then awoken. This leaves you with having to power off by holding the power button in for about 15 to 20 seconds (till after the white led illuminates out of nowhere for a few seconds then extinguishes).

The Atmel firmware does not actually install. You'll get a message at boot that you need to please wait while an update is being applied, but you'll get that same message again and again at varying times, especially after a hard shutdown. Regardless, in Windows device manager, you'll find a"!" problem Atmel device drive listed in the firmware section.

I have done bios update progression sequentially as they were released, and I have done 1.07 directly to the most recent 1.10, having had three of these tablets. My experience leads to these conclusions:

1. None of the supposed fixes offered by the various updates after 1.07 address anything noticeable to the user, they will, however, break the touch functionality

2. The sleep issue is addressed by replacing the unit until you get one that works correctly. My third was the charm. All three had the same firmware out of the box, but the third did not have the sleep issue. This is the unit I stupidly upgraded to 1.10. The touch screen lag issue was the immediate effect.

HP Recommended

I'll just leave the 1.07 running for the moment. My tablet doesn't have an inreponsive screen after wake but pressing the power button to wake has a 3 second delay before the LCD panel lights up but it is rspbdive nonetheless.

My old tablet had no wake issues either.

HP Recommended

Still no fix in sight; no new BIOS.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.