Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

A few minutes at a time, even with a new battery

HP Recommended
Do you have to remove the battery and put it back again?
On mine the selection doesn't work anymore until I do the above
HP Recommended

Ususally I have to either press the button on the barrel, or unscrew/rescrew the pen (essentially disconnecting and reconnecting the battery

HP Recommended
That sucks because it means that its how the pen works. I only got the tablet as I need a small one for taking notes.
They should be able to introduce a new version but with the support that they provided for the tablet I doubt they will do something about it
HP Recommended

@Plettza wrote:
Back to the touch screen.  Has anyone updated the BIOS straight from 1.07 to 1.10A and have it work or have people just gone through 1.08 --> 1.09 --> 1.10?

(My English is very poor. Sorry in advance.)

Last week, I updated the BIOS from 1.07 to 1.10A and then install the touchscreen firmware.

Unfortunately, the touchscreen response became bad.

HP Recommended

You should NOT have upgraded from 1.07!!!  You will need to return and/or replace the tablet.

HP Recommended

Is this issue fixed?

I have not got the tablet but found that this is the ONLY tablet that satisfy my requirement of having a pen and proper keyboard. However, if the touch screen does not work, it is a bit like a Ferrari that cannot steer left, i.e.. useless. 

Gotta make a decision =(

HP Recommended
Ask for a replacement under warranty. The tablet is ok with BIOS 7.0. I have mine on 6.0
HP Recommended

If any of you still own this tablet sell it. I had two of them one had the firmware issue with touch lag the other had wifi issues. It has been 8 months since we identified the touch screen lag issues and tried to bug HP to fix it and they have yet to fix it.

HP has abandoned this product and will not fix it and being stuck on 1.07 forever is going to hinder the tablet's ability to ever get new features or be more compatible with Win 10, their are fixes in later firmware for Win 10 specific issues.

This tablet is only good on paper in real life it is a complete disaster. i would advise you to sell the tablet on Ebay get whaever money you can for it and buy a Surface 3. Even though the Surface 3 is alot bigger it is still light and has given me no issues since owning it for the last 6 months. I returned 2 HP 608's and these tablets are a complete and utter disaster.

HP Recommended
I second that. If you upgrade the bios past 1.07 you will have permanent touch screen lag that will not be corrected.

I have the pen for this tablet. It sucks. HP went with the bottom-of-the-barrel low-end Atmel digitizer. The pen requires significant pressure just to be recognized as being in contact with the screen. It's a terrible experience.

Unfortunately, at this time, no one makes a viable Windows tablet in the 8" form factor. I suggest you set your sights on a bit larger device in order to have all the functionality you were hoping to get from the 608.

I have a Dell Venue 11 Pro. It's thinner and lighter than any of the Surfaces. It has 8gb RAM, an i5 processor, 256gb m.2 SSD, the screen is beautiful, and drawing on it using the matching pen is a sublime experience. It just works, and it works like you would want it to. Its own weight is enough to draw, the pressure sensitivity is exact, accuracy is pin point...all around prefect tablet for me.

Dell makes an 8" 4gb tablet as well: the Venue 8 Pro. I haven't tried it, but I would definitely not bigger with HP's product

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.