Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

parasystole:

I can only repeat myself: I had this terrible one or two second lag when scrolling prior to updating to the latest BIOS on all of my initially three 608G1s, but now, after installing BIOS 1.12, it is gone on both of my two remaining 608G1s. --- Another  608G1 is expected to arrive in about three weeks (yes, HP Thailand Store needs 45 days from purchase to delivery - sigh!); be assured, that I'll test touch responsiveness on that one, too, and eventually update both Atmel firmware and BIOS.

HP Recommended

hlov:

please read my reply to parasystole's post above.

HP Recommended

Hello. I have just updated to bios 1.12

touch screen lag still exists.

it is horrible

i think im gonna hammer this device to pieces

worst experience i have ever had on a device

HP Recommended
Yeah, same here. Touch is still laggy as f***. I might do a clean refresh as others have said the Atmel firmware installs correctly whilst my Device Manager still has the yellow exclamation mark.

As others have said, what a piece of junk this tablet is.
HP Recommended

@profMay wrote:

Hello. I have just updated to bios 1.12

touch screen lag still exists.

it is horrible

i think im gonna hammer this device to pieces

worst experience i have ever had on a device

Hi mate,

I have mine still on BIOS 6 with no ATMEL firmware. I did a clean install of windows 10 Anniversary Update, using the default windows drivers and it's working pretty good. The pen works fine and haven't had the non responsive screen issue after sleep.

Unfortunately theres no way to rollback to a previous version so u need to send it to HP for a replacement or they might flash the BIOS for u. It's the only way to have the device usable.

I'm really happy with mine now. HP gave me a 128 gb replacement model and a new pen. The device itself does less of what is supposed to do but I like the form factor a lot as I use it for taking notes with the pen using OneNote, the closest thing to tis will be the iPad Pro 8.9 but it's too expensive and it has so many limitations for me.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

do not flash this bios  1.12

i had 1.07 and ot was working fine

unfortunately i updated.

some user reported it was working fine and i bought that idea

big mistake

this tablet is like a good looking girl full with venereal diseases

seems like a good thing but when you realize it is tooo late

😉

let us hope a miracle happens folks

HP Recommended

@profMay wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

do not flash this bios  1.12

i had 1.07 and ot was working fine

unfortunately i updated.

some user reported it was working fine and i bought that idea

big mistake

this tablet is like a good looking girl full with venereal diseases

seems like a good thing but when you realize it is tooo late

😉

let us hope a miracle happens folks

Unfortunately a miracle wont happen, HP is aware of the issues but won't do anything, if yours is under warranty ask for a replacement or maybe a refund

HP Recommended

I finally received my 4th 608G1 two days ago.

Surprisingly, it came with BI0S 01.12 already installed, as well as one noticable hardware change: They had relpaced the Hynix eMMC with a SanDisk one.

Not surprisingly, it came with it's own unique problem: Every other power on resulted in a black screen with just one short line of text top row, reading: "SOC Error" - not at all assuring.

Ignoring the "SOC Error" I wiped the tablet (which had Windows 8.1 Pro installed on arrival) completely, then installed Windows Insider Preview build 14926 from a flash drive. That went through without a hitch. Next thing I did was to upgrade the BIOS to the just released version 01.13. Since then I have not seen this "SOC Error" message again. Windows Preview build 14931 arrived last night and this 608G1 was updated accordingly - again without any problems.

And - at least for now - I have another 608G1 with virtually no touch delay. I say "virtuallly" because there appears to be a very, very short delay which one who has not alerady been made aware of this problem might not even register. I might add that I did not install the Amel firmware patch.

HP Recommended
BIOS 13!!! Ill check the change log first just to see whats on it but wont upgrade ;). I think you are the only person running 12 with no issues, please keep sharing your findings
H
HP Recommended

No noticable change with 1.13. Still has the lag. I have to assume that the people making the BIOS updates have no idea about the screen lag, despite the complaints logged with HP support. HP's support is off-shored and obvioulsy does not inform HP proper about these issues. Likewise, this forum is just a place for us to cry to each other in a vacuum. No one at HP reads it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.