Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Same problem here. The input lag persists. Anybody knows how to contact hp? I tried to pray to the old gods but it did not work. 😞
HP Recommended
(Sorry, my English is very poor.) Hi, I have one doubt. (1)The touchscreen of this device is a HIDI2C peripheral (USB HID protocol over I2C bus). (2)History of BIOS 1.09 says "Provides the updated I2C Bus UEFI driver". Something about I2C bus changed. (3)HID over I2C peripherials enters IDLE state after a period of inactivity. Microsoft says this period of inactivity should be 300 seconds. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn672267(v=vs.85).aspx (4)300 seconds = 5 minutes. ... 5? I don't have the device with BIOS 1.07 or earlier. May I ask someone who has the device with old BIOS to see the lag after 5 minutes of inactivity. (Changing the power plan not to cut off display may be required.)
HP Recommended

1.07 BIOS worked fine, there was no screen touch lag. Every BIOS since causes it if your BIOS is 1.07 or earlier.

There is a registry setting that I use that disables sleep. This allows the 'High Performance' power plan to become available in power settings. Even this does not resolve the screen lag, though it does fix the issue where the WiFi drops its speed to a fraction of its potential speed after waking from a sleep of some time (example: My WiFi connects at 150Mbps up/ 150 Mbps down. After sleeping for maybe 20 minutes or so, it connects no faster than 40/30 with no way to restore the speed except rebooting).

HP Recommended
I have the device with BIOS 1.13. The touch lag occurs after 5 seconds of inactivity. If this lag happens because the touchscreen enters idle state and the period of inactivity is 300 seconds(= 5 minutes), it's a sure behavior that Microsoft requests. Simply, I want to know the device with BIOS 1.07 has the same lag after 300 seconds of inactivity.
HP Recommended

That would be interesting if Microsoft decides to request this only if the BIOS is version 1.08 or higher

HP Recommended

Hey everyone. Has everyone here (assuming they kept the tablet) opened a suport case? I've persisted for 4 months and through three BIOS updates waiting for this touch scroll lag to be fixed. Really starting to wish I'd sent it back instead of sticking it out for so long, and I like to keep hardware for a long time as long as it works, rather than get on the upgrade treadmnill - it's  the reason i purchased this "premium" tablet instead of this trend towards "cheap/disposable" devices.

I've just opened a support ticket as I still have 8 months warranty left, we should really keep sending them through until HP come up with a solution, this isn't an entry level tablet after all.

Hopefully it will be fixed...frustrating...

HP Recommended

I did. Had it sent in to HP support.
I gave the support-guy at their facility a detailed writeup of what bugs the most ... the touchscreen-lag had the most detailed description possible. There were more issues, though ...

I received back the unit about a week later - no changes/repairs/exchange made.
They said, they didn't find any of the issues I had with the device. Case closed.

That was about the time I closed the case on my behalf aswell - no more HP that is.
The tablet remains in my posession, but without much use - I bought another tablet to get the things done I wanted to do with the HP.

HP Recommended

I also opened a case in Jan. when I got my first one, no luck getting a real call back from HP then I returned it then bought another one and kept it on firmware 1.07 but ended up having wifi issues so got fed up and returned my second one.

Do your selves a favor guys and reutrn or sell this tablet. I was dealing with these touchscreen issues last January and HP STILL has not fixed it. This issue will NEVER be fixed HP has left this tablet out to dry.

There is very little chance this tablet will ever work properly. Return it or sell it while you can.

HP Recommended

I logged a case earlier this year but mainly because the tablet failed to power on at all but touch screen lag was included as part of it.  I got a replacement tablet eventually and the lag seemed to have been minimised.  I'm on BIOS 01.13 but it's not perfect.  I've mentioned I use my Pro Tablet 608 mainly for an eReader rather than for anything more serious.  Its still annoying but I'm over HP.  It's a shame because the form factor is great. 

Where I work, we use primarily HP and when I first got this tablet, people in my team  were interested in the tablet especially for our company's execs (I'm in desktop support for a company with 25000+ employees - actually one of HP's largest customers where I am).  Alas, I've recommended we don't offer it to our company after my experience, HP have done themselves out of a lot of sales.   Our standard tablet we offer instead is of course the iPAD or Samsung Galaxy Tab A.  Neither are perfect but staff seem to get by with the iPAD.  HP have also tried to shop their X3 Elite to us but we're in no hurry to get them.  I just can't trust HP's service an support.

Oh well, live and learn.

HP Recommended

This is utterly disappointing. Sigh...the most damning thing is the 4-year-old iPad version 2 that was a cast-off from work is now becoming more of a go-to device rather than this...

It would have been nice if at least one person had a positive review or experience. HP really have to fix this, it's tainted everythign I think about their product, including the next purchase I have to make for my son going into high school and required to have his own laptop or notebook.

I'll see how I go with the HP support ticket and probably get rid of it one way or another, regardless. HP have come a long way since the "olden days" when I'd readily recommend them in a sale, safe in the knoweldge that the majority of the time they'd be well engineered, well built and fault free; a bonus to my GP and commission. Glad I don't have to sell this suff anymore.

Thanks for responding - I'll post here when I recieve a response fro HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.