Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13-4116DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've tried all of the suggestions:

1) Disabled faststart

2) Only allowed the system to go into hibernate and not sleep mode

Still got the issue, though not as frequently.

The system was new and purchased before Christmas in December 2016

Spectre x360 13-4116DX

I just installed the firmware, but didn't know where to check for the firmware version before. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings @HarryVal

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with the touchscreen on you Spectre notebook. Happy to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own. 

Recommend you to check if all the drivers are updated using HP Support Assistant. Click here for assistance. 

If the issue persists, please contact or phone support for the service options. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

All of the drivers had been updated, within a few days after purchase and I continue to check for updates.  I'll have to continue to monitor the situation after the installation of the firmware, since yesterday.  We just haven't used the computer too much since then. 

When we get the issue again, We'll definitely reach out by phone support. 

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please do keep checking for updates, if the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the service options. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP isn't helpful. Do this...

1) Disable fast start-up (under power options), then re-start the laptop.

2) Go to the support HP website for your laptop and find the drivers list. Scroll down to firmware and find your touchscreen controller firmware update. Update it and re-start your laptop.

You should be good now. On the other discussion on this same topic (read-only now), many of us have fixed this ghosting issue with these 2 modifications.

Take care and enjoy...

HP Recommended

Hi,

Any updates on this issue???

Many thanks

Chris

HP Recommended

The update of firmware seemed to solve the issue.  I even went back and set all of the original recommendations back to the default settings (wake, sleep, etc)  and for the past month, my girlfriend hasn't seen the issue anymore. Thank goodness for the firmware updates. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update. Are you able to show where you found this update as I am unable to locate this for the spectre 360

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.