Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The tablet is messed up after upgrading to W10 and then trying to clean install W10. Now I need to restore to a working (or factory) Windows 8/8.1 but I also lost the recovery image. Does anyone have created an recovery image for this tablet I can use?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I don't have a win 8 image, but have you tried re-installing Windows 10 again? Hit F11 during boot, or press Shift while turning it on.

The Win 8 drivers work for Windows 10, but I can't get the function keys working for brightness, volume, etc.

HP Recommended

No, can't. The tabet is totally messed up. It always reboots after skipping the product key when reinstalling Win10.

Do you have a working windows 8 Pavillion X2? If so, can you create a recovery image and share with me? Thanks.

HP Recommended

I never created a Windows 8 image, though I should have. I wiped away the recovery partition, as well, during Win 10 clean install. Just a thought: maybe re-download windows 10 to another usb drive as it might be corrupted.

HP Recommended

Hello @xbshop,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I came across your post about the Recovery Media, and wanted to assist you!

You can get the Recovery Media for your product here.

Please let me know if this information was helpful by clicking the thumbs up below.

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

HOLA A TODOS, AMIGOS NECESITO EL RECOVERY DE UNA TABLET HP MODELO 10K077NR.

RESULTA QUE TENIA WINDOWS 8.1, PERO ME PUSE A ACTUALIZARLO A WINDOWS 10 Y NO TERMINO EL PROCESO Y MAS BIEN POR EL CONTRARIO SE DAÑO EL WINDOWS QUE TENIA. AHORA NECESITO ALMENOS EL RECOVERY DEL WINDOWS 8.1, YA QUE NO HAY FORMA DE LEVANTAR EL SISTEMA.

ALGUIEN QUE ME COLABORE POR FAVOR. YA QUE LA TABLE ENCIENDE PERO NO CARGA EL WINDOWS.

HP Recommended

@CPCRCR

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Bhai same problem here ,did u solved ??

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.