Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Successfully did an install of Windows 10, having strange issues and tried a device reset. Took quite some time to get to 100%, and after it rebooted it's stuck at a black screen with a blue box/white text asking to clear the TPM. I cannot make a selection, tapping on the yes or no selections does nothing, yes is currently highlighted in black.

I've tried power + volume up and power + volume down and it always powers up at the same screen.

I'm letting the battery run down now, but if anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here's the method that worked for me without an OTG adaptor.

Unplug the device and turn it off. When off, press and hold power, volume +, and volume - for about 5 seconds. That will initiate a bios reload and when done the normal reset procedure for windows 10 will continue.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
HP Recommended

If running the battery down does not reset it, you could attach a OTG adapter and USB mouse or keyboard and then you should be able to select the prompt.

HP Recommended

I am having the exact problem. 

Can anyone help? 

HP Recommended

Connect a USB keyboard via a OTG  micro USB. That will allow you to make a choice.  What choice you make is your decision alone. I chose No and have now got Windows 10 that is working fine after some downloads from HP.

I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Here's the method that worked for me without an OTG adaptor.

Unplug the device and turn it off. When off, press and hold power, volume +, and volume - for about 5 seconds. That will initiate a bios reload and when done the normal reset procedure for windows 10 will continue.

Good luck!

HP Recommended
Oh, and don't forget to install all the latest updates for this device from HP, they correct a lot of the problems people have like auto rotation and the start button not working.
HP Recommended

Hi mjrtoo2000, could you please clarify the "When off, press and hold power, volume +, and volume - for about 5 seconds." step? 

You cannot press volume + and volume - at the same time can you?  Thanks.

HP Recommended
Well, yes you can, this procedure worked for me. I wouldn't make it up!

Use three fingers and press down together, that's about as much as I can clarify it.
HP Recommended

Yes, now that I tried it with the tablet off, it seems they both can be depressed at once, I will have to try that the next time I need it, thanks.

HP Recommended

@mjrtoo2000 wrote:
Successfully did an install of Windows 10, having strange issues and tried a device reset. Took quite some time to get to 100%, and after it rebooted it's stuck at a black screen with a blue box/white text asking to clear the TPM. I cannot make a selection, tapping on the yes or no selections does nothing, yes is currently highlighted in black.

I've tried power + volume up and power + volume down and it always powers up at the same screen.

I'm letting the battery run down now, but if anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it. Thanks!

It works as what your have described! 

Many thanks for sharing this info with us.. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.