Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy20 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I turn off my system sounds?

I hear a ding during music playback and no other program or browser is open it is very annoying!

I am running Windows 10, on a Wireless Connection, no error messages, no recent software or driver changes that I'm aware of.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello HvnBnd

What program are you using to play music with?

With Windows 10, System Notifications for various programs and the Action Center News Feeds can make those dings you hear also.

Have you went into the Action Center and turned those off? Its not an HP setting, but a Windows issue.

I'll point you  to a detailed tutorial from the HowToGeek explaining how to disable them.

how-to-disable-notification-sounds

For the news feeds, as per the tutorial above, go to the Action Center> System> Notifications & actions and scroll down to Audio On: Banners, Sounds and click on it.

When the new window opens, turn off - Play a sound when a notification arrives.

Let me know if this fixes the problem.

If not, if you can give me more details as to what you are doing or using when it happens, it will help.

HP Recommended

I am running iTunes.

No, this didnot solve my issue.

I have made sure that ALL notifications are turned completely off and I'm still getting the same sound. I'm going to post the same thing to the Windows 10 Forum. Thanks for your help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.