Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omni 10
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

My Omni 10 tablet no longer has a touchscreen driver on it. when it first happened it was from a windows update and i found out that their was only temp fixes. I really need to have the tounch sceen back perm.  is their any new updates that will fix this problem? and is their somewhere i can get the touchscreen driver.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DDK84

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand the TouchScreen isn't working anymore,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Have you performed a hardware test to ensure this isn't a hardware malfunction?

Did you check if it's working on the BIOS screen?

While you reply with the response, here's what you need to do:

Attempt to run a test using the HP hardware diagnostic tool,

If the Touch screen isn't appearing on the diagnostics,

I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer).

If it works on bios, it's a software issue: please reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue

If it doesn't work on BIOS either, it's a hardware failure and you may need to contact HP to set up a hardware repair service.

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.